[Beta 9] Can't pick some multiclass kits

Guest Ludwig_II

Guest Ludwig_II

In BG2EE while creating new char, I select MultiClass -> Cleric/Mage -> Cleric/Elementalist -> Fire Elementalist

Then it stops here and selects my class as Cleric/Fire Elementalist. But I should be able to select Fire Elementalist of Kossuth

I installed all ToF components using batch mode, and with no other mods. Only ToF

13 hours ago, Guest Ludwig_II said:

But I should be able to select Fire Elementalist of Kossuth

You shouldn't. Elementalist of Kossuth is selectable from the general list of Cleric/Mage kits.

Guest Ludwig_II

Digging further into it, these components do not seem to be installed:

SKIPPING: [Multiclass/dual-class cleric/mage kits]
        Components that add kits or modify the weapon-proficiency system must be installed before, not after, the 'Revised weapon proficiency system' component

SKIPPING: [Multiclass/dual-class cleric/ranger and druid/ranger kits]
        Components that add kits or modify the weapon-proficiency system must be installed before, not after, the 'Revised weapon proficiency system' component

SKIPPING: [Multiclass/dual-class cleric/thief and druid/thief kits]

Even though other kits including other multiclass kits components are installed. As I said, I tried to install all components, didn't skip any component. And I didn't mess with the install order of ToF components, they should have been installed just as they come. I installed it initially using batch mode, but now I can't seem to install them afterwards even without batch mode.

Are you sure that was the original error message? I suspect they failed to install for other reasons, then when you tried to install after running batch mode they refuse to install because you've got the weapon prof component installed. Try uninstalling it and then installing those components.

Guest Ludwig_II

Yes, you're right. I did try it again as you said, paying more attention to skipped components during clean installation. And this is what I get, again using batch mode on a clean BG2EE installation without any other mods:

SKIPPING: [Multiclass/dual-class cleric/mage kits]
        This component requires the 'New choices of god / goddess for speciality priests' component to be installed

SKIPPING: [Multiclass/dual-class cleric/ranger and druid/ranger kits]
        This component requires the 'New choices of god / goddess for speciality priests' component to be installed

SKIPPING: [Multiclass/dual-class cleric/thief and druid/thief kits]

But I actually already selected that component for installation just earlier, and I have this message above those skipped components:

Registering [New choices of god / goddess for speciality priests] for subsequent batch install
Will uninstall   0 files for [DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2] component 50400.
Uninstalled      0 files for [DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2] component 50400.
Component successfully registered for batch install, will be installed at end. (The uninstall message above is normal and expected.)
Using Language [English]