Carrying items through the trilogy without EET

This might be a goofy question, but humor me if you will.

I've been playing and really enjoying the Talents of Faerun beta, but I'm having some trouble getting it to cooperate with EET (you can refer to the ToF forum for the specifics if you like). DavidW has--wisely, I think!--said he's prioritizing getting the mod stable on non-EET games first, so I'll be doing my next playthrough without EET.

One of the big things I like about EET, though, is carrying certain items all the way through the trilogy. Some of these items (like Sarevok's armor from Endless BG1) are modded. My question is this: is there any way to get such items into SoD, SoA, and ToB without EET? I had the thought that I would just install those mods on the later entries to the series in the vague hope that they would update the item database and I could simply add them with eekeeper, but I have no idea how any of this stuff works under the hood.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Mods intended for one game in the series generally won't allow you to install you on the other - at least, if they're well-made. And even if they did, the item wouldn't be inserted into the new campaign for you to find.

Now, two of the transitions aren't a big deal. The BG1 and SoD campaigns are in the same program, and the game simply continues to the new campaign with your party keeping their inventory. Same with SoA to ToB. So yes, you can carry equipment through those transitions with no problem.

Going from BGEE to BG2EE - now, that's harder. It's a separate program so the item files won't be there, and even if they were the descriptions would be scrambled due to different string indexing. In addition, SoA starts by removing all of your characters' equipment (in part, because nonexistent items would break things). So there, you'd need a special mod component to add the items including their descriptions and insert them into a BG2EE campaign. Which ... either the original mod-maker provided such a component, or they didn't.

Edited by jmerry

That answers my question. Thank you.

When I'm playing EET, I use the EET_Tweaks mod to transition my inventory from the end of SoD to the start of SoA (they're all piled on the table in the room where you fight Ilych), but I understand what you're saying how that's a specific feature of the mods in question.

I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and abandon my favorite baubles. I appreciate the quick reply!