[Beta 9][EET] Edwin recruitment bugs

When recruiting Edwin he does have the "can't pick proficiency" bug. However, interestingly if you where to use EEkeeper to give Edwin a single proficiency he then gains 32 proficiency points and so many level one spell slots that it goes off the page.

I'm not sure if the two are related. 

It's the bug that upon recruiting a character and going to the proficiency menu you can't increase any of the proficiencies so it soft locks up there. It was something that was happening a few versions ago. 

So upon uninstalling the Dragonspear UI++ mod I can pick proficiencies for Edwin just fine. Not sure why it broke for him and no other party member but, that's not your mods fault. However, I still seem to have too many mage spell slots.

Edwin is able to have 13 level 1 spells (An extra from his necklace) and when I rolled a Cleric/Mage I have 12 Arcane slots but 3 Priest slots. Unless there is something in the readme I'm missing that seems like I should only have 2-3 extra slots with my 18 intelligence. 

On 4/27/2024 at 10:30 PM, MrNatas said:

I was using Dragonspear UI and the latest version of the EE2 which I believe is 2.6.6.

Just curious, were you able to keep using ToF with Dragonspear UI?
I've installed the latest beta and I get softlocked whenever my character levels (even though I don't have any proficiencies or skills to distribute, the DONE button is not clickable). Also i get 11 proficiency points when creating a new character and 32 when leveling Imoen after re-specing her (which also softlocks because I can't distribute thief skill points).

If you have any workaround for this I'd appreciate!

9 hours ago, neuroghast said:

Just curious, were you able to keep using ToF with Dragonspear UI?
I've installed the latest beta and I get softlocked whenever my character levels (even though I don't have any proficiencies or skills to distribute, the DONE button is not clickable). Also i get 11 proficiency points when creating a new character and 32 when leveling Imoen after re-specing her (which also softlocks because I can't distribute thief skill points).

If you have any workaround for this I'd appreciate!

I didn't run into that error but I am still running with Dragonspear UI++ mod. There is a work around but you'll need EEKeeper.

1. Upon getting a new character before leveling them (so they are at level 0) save
  2. Load the save in EEkeeper and go to the character's proficiency and add 1.
  3. Load the edit and level the character. You'll still have 32 points but you should actually be able to distribute them
  4. After leveling save and removed the extra proficiencies.

I'm running into this issue with dual classing but, I believe it should work the same but I have not tired it. You would just need to add the proficiency to the column that says 'second class' or the like. 

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

A reminder that I officially do not support Dragonspear UI++ on ToF. (I mean, by all means see if you can get it working.)

I'm trying to make it work since the UI was installed early on my mods list and I'm scared to uninstall it now (via weidu) and mess up everything else 😬

I'd definitely pick ToF over a good looking UI, but I'll see if I can make both work together and let you know of any progress.

Cheers!