banter pack, tweak anthology and nalia romance mods' compatibility, and Project Infinity

Posted (edited)

for banter pack, tweak anthology
 should i install these 2 banter accelerators:
the 2 banter accelerator scripts:

https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/Banter_Pack?tab=readme-ov-file

:
 "SOA banter accelerator script"
 and 
 "TOB Banter Accelerator script

if i've installed both
 "Accelerate/Decelerate Romances (accelerates by 50%)" 
 and
 "more interjections" from the tweak anthology

and are these two options from tweaks anthology compatible with "de'arnnise romance" from PPG and "nalia at last",

Romance Cheats [Sabre, Richardson, Weimer]

Accelerate/Decelerate Romances

it seems "nothing kills romance" is a bit haphazard so i will opt it out.

I think someone told me the component "accelerate / decelerate romance "checks vanilla romance time-variables and multiply them by percentage value---so in this case where romance is added by a mod, would it still work properly, or would it be ignored if it does not use vanilla romancing system?
Do romance cheats like "any race ", still works?

it is mentioned by release page of Project Infinity if you copy paste the install sequence it is able to change the order temporarily.
does anyone know whether sequence order only works like that if you have actually ticked the boxes of the mods? or does it automatically tick the boxes for you?

"Q: How to split components of the one mod into different places of the install order? A: To define an advanced install order, you have various methods: Method 1: Copy data from the install sequence window after you clicked "Set-InstallationSequence" into a text editor, reorder them and then paste it back. Then immediately click "Start-Installation" without making any changes to the mod components choices."

---
(https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74335/project-infinity-public-beta-for-all/p1)

importing back the .csv exports do not seem to work properly for me.

if i paste the rearranged install sequence directly, can i use it like weidulog for sorting install order?

Edited by jacklhoward

The sorting order feature doesnt work with a lot of mods now. The new labels thing that has been added removes the component numbers in the install sequence that you see in PI and so the sorting order doesnt have anything to sort.

27 minutes ago, Nathan82 said:

The sorting order feature doesnt work with a lot of mods now. The new labels thing that has been added removes the component numbers in the install sequence that you see in PI and so the sorting order doesnt have anything to sort.

hi, so if a component of a mod is required to be singled out and placed elsewhere in install order, what can i do now if i'd like to install via PI?

Posted (edited)

I was folloowing the BWP pdf, a bit at  atime, selecting the mod components i wanted and then copying the install sequence into a note pad doc, clearing the selection and then repating the process with the next few mods.

You can have several components of a single mod in various places through the entire install sequence, PI will just install the selected component and move onto the next mod.

Then once you're happy with whats in the notepad doc, copy all of it (or break it into chunks, just don't lose track of where you were) back into the install sequence pane of PI and press start installation.

Works fine , its much easier than having to run the set-up-modname.exe for each mod and skip through to the component you want then quit and repeat for next mod etc

As an example (hopefully not a wrong example);

1pp:401;One Pixel Productions - 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects
item_rev:0;item_rev - Item Revisions by Demivrgvs
1pp:210;One Pixel Productions - 1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core)

Edited by Nathan82
spelling
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

I was folloowing the BWP pdf, a bit at  atime, selecting the mod components i wanted and then copying the install sequence into a note pad doc, clearing the selection and then repating the process with the next few mods.

You can have several components of a single mod in various places through the entire install sequence, PI will just install the selected component and move onto the next mod.

Then once you're happy with whats in the notepad doc, copy all of it (or break it into chunks, just don't lose track of where you were) back into the install sequence pane of PI and press start installation.

Works fine , its much easier than having to run the set-up-modname.exe for each mod and skip through to the component you want then quit and repeat for next mod etc

As an example (hopefully not a wrong example);

1pp:401;One Pixel Productions - 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects
item_rev:0;item_rev - Item Revisions by Demivrgvs
1pp:210;One Pixel Productions - 1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core)

ty.

also are you familiar with the potential compatibility issues in 1 and 2? 

Edited by jacklhoward
2 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

also are you familiar with the potential compatibility issues in 1 and 2? 

I'm far from an expert but I'm pretty sure you only want to install one instance of each (SOA and ToB)  banter accelerator. The BG1NPC Project, IEP Extended Banters and PPG Banter Packs all have a SOA Banter Accelerator script and I think a couple of NPC mods might have it as an option as well, only install one, once. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, don't want to be giving bad advice.

I use the following;

bg1npc_project-banteraccelerator;The BG1NPC Project - Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script  

PPGBanterPacks-tob_banteraccelerator;Banter Packs - Install TOB Banter Accelerator script?(Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

cd_tweaks_romance_cheats;The Tweaks Anthology - Romance Cheats [Sabre, Richardson, Weimer]

cd_tweaks_more_interjections;The Tweaks Anthology - More Interjections

They're a bit more spread out than that though in my install sequence. Don't think I've seen any problems but havent gone through many of the romance things. Banters do happen more but not annyoingly but thats personal preference I guess.

Hope thats of some help and happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.