OpenAL and Mac OS X

Tarrik

Hi,

I have installed the openAL.framework from the Creative-website but when I do the configure gembr still says *** You need OpenAL (www.openal.org) to compile GemRB

Maybe GemRB needs a linux-like installation of openAL, and I even tried to compile the Linux src but with no success of course :/

Did anyone succeed in installing GemBR on Mac OS X?

Any help would be great!

No one reported back so far about MacOSX.

I guess, you'll need some tweaking of the makefiles.

Or, you might need some newer OpenAL.

Sadly OpenAL versions are quite different among Windows/Linux/OSX

Btw, we still look for someone with programming skills on MacOSX.

Hmmm, thank you.

I managed to install the Linux version of openAL by changing some code in linux/../../include/AL/alut.h

And along comes the next problem, gemrb won't recongnize my shared Python-2.3.5 libraries, although I configured the Python build with --enable-shared and --with-shared ...

Guest Guest
Hmmm, thank you.

I managed to install the Linux version of openAL by changing some code in linux/../../include/AL/alut.h

And along comes the next problem, gemrb won't recongnize my shared Python-2.3.5 libraries, although I configured the Python build with --enable-shared and --with-shared ...

The OpenAL webpage has an OSX specific installer for OpenAL, surf to http://www.openal.org/downloads.html and click the OpenAL 1.0 Installer for Mac OS X link.

On my box it installed Open AL in /opt/local, so I had problems compiling gemrb 0.2.6 on OSX, until I ran configure as follows

configure CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include/openal"

After this, make && make install worked.

I still can't run it though, but I got a compile finally!

Archived