Spell "transferring" or importing...

Brave Sir Garrick

Well, I'm working on a mod of course... and I was wanting to add some Icewind Dale spells to it. The game I am modding is Baldur's Gate II: ToB. I was wondering what all I would need in order to just transfer the spells from one game to another. I am somewhat aware of filetypes and whatnot, but since I'm new to IE editing I thought I would ask. So can anyone tell me what all files I need to look into in order to transfer the spell, "Mist of Eldath" for example? (I have looked through IDS, 2DA, SPL, CRE, ITM, etc... files as well, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Some of the effect numbers might have changed, so I'd suggest comparing them (the IESDP should provide a useful reference for this). Plus some of the .PRO filenames and .BAM filenames may be used for different spells, in which case you'd need to make new names for them for the IWD spells.

(Assuming you're talking about IWD1, not IWD2. IWD2 might be harder.)

Some of the effect numbers might have changed, so I'd suggest comparing them (the IESDP should provide a useful reference for this). Plus some of the .PRO filenames and .BAM filenames may be used for different spells, in which case you'd need to make new names for them for the IWD spells.

(Assuming you're talking about IWD1, not IWD2. IWD2 might be harder.)

Alright, sounds good then. Thanks for the help and quick response as usual, Andyr! ^_^

Archived