Unusual polymorph/regeneration stutter bug

Guest Prine

Hi folks,

I've had a recurring problem involving my characters developing stutters when polymorphed, and lately I've been trying to figure it out. From what I can tell, it's almost certainly being caused by regeneration; my polymorphed characters will just pause momentarily and/or abruptly change animation mid-walk any time a regeneration tick goes off. The drow transformation also suffers in much the same way, and it's unavoidable when shapechanging into a troll or greater wolfwere.

I don't remember this ever happening before, though. I'm fairly certain I was able to do this sort of thing without the stutter bug when I tried it in the past. Does anyone else have this problem, or a theory on what might be causing it if it's just me? The game I'm testing this on is just a basic patched TOB with Baldurdash installed, plus a few tidbits that shouldn't really affect anything (custom BAMs and the like). Removing recent additions from override doesn't seem to change anything, either.

Cheers.

Hi folks,

I've had a recurring problem involving my characters developing stutters when polymorphed, and lately I've been trying to figure it out.  From what I can tell, it's almost certainly being caused by regeneration; my polymorphed characters will just pause momentarily and/or abruptly change animation mid-walk any time a regeneration tick goes off.  The drow transformation also suffers in much the same way, and it's unavoidable when shapechanging into a troll or greater wolfwere.

Yes, this bug has been observed a lot of times, such that Ease-of-Use includes a component to remove the drow transformation to avoid it.

Archived