A few Q's re scripts and assets

Guest MartinDK

Guest MartinDK

Hello there,

I just compiled the game from cvs and have not had any time to dig out my old cd's yet to find any of the asset files. I did however look a bit into the .py code for the guis on each of the games and it looks pretty slick (as in "I'd like to play with it). I have a few quick questions:

1) the asset files used by the different UI scripts -- where are they located. Would it be possible for me to copy for example the BG1 UI scripts to a directory named "bla" and then start working on an UI? I can see that there is setup scripts for something named test1. Are the asset files for this included?

2) Is there anywhere I can find a bit more info about the asset files used by the GUI? I can see that there in the override directory for test1 is a couple of files - are these asset files?

3) if that is the case (or even if it is not) - If I'd like to play around with it a bit - what should the gamepath be in the gemrb.cfg file? Right now it is set to GamePath=/mnt/windows/Programmi/Black Isle/BGII - SoA/ per default - should it be the override directory or?

Anyways - thanks for any info provided!

Regards

/Martin

Oh.. and while I am at it:

During startup im getting this:

[Core]: Initializing Resource Manager...

[KEYImporter]: Opening chitin.key...[ERROR]

[KEYImporter]: Cannot open Chitin.key

[ERROR]

I take it that the Chitin.key is something I need to dig up from my old cd's? - how is it possible to work on standalone projects without this?

Regards

/Martin

Yes, chitin.key is the master index of the original game data.

You can create an own guiscript/override directory and directing gemrb to it by setting the gametype config parameter.

IESDP (iesdp.gibberlings3.net) or the fileformat descriptions in the cvs (Utilities module) can tell you more about the .chu fileformat. If you want to see the actual content, you will have to dig up your files.

The gamepath directory should point to the place where the original game was installed.

Theoretically it is possible to create a new game without any original content. DLTCEP (also downloadable from the Utilities module) is an all in one game editor. You will need weidu if you want to compile scripts with it.

Since you seem to be new to the IE scene, i really recommend to check out the iesdp pages.

Guest MartinDK

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply -- appreciate it.

As to DLTCEP -- it seems to run pretty smooth under wine (I found the executable on the http://www.dragonlancetc.com/forums/index.php?board=9.0 forum). I take it that the /Utilities/chitem from the utilities module is the source for this program as well? can this be compiled under linux? - I could not find any references on how-to's regarding this.

Thanks

/Martin

Archived