EasyTutu "Degreenifier"

Macready

Hello -

Well, I've assembled an EasyTutu version of the original Tutufix "de-greenifier" component. Bleh. I tried my hardest to ignore this issue, but it really seems as if a lot of people are interested in it, and someone did finally give me a credible reason for having 3D acceleration enabled.

I consider this utility to be in a testing stage right now, so I'd appreciate it if anyone who tries it would be so kind as to post the results of your experience here (even if it works fine for you -- that counts as feedback). To use it, start with a clean (i.e., not yet modded) installation of EasyTutu, download and extract this self-extracting RAR to that new EasyTutu installation, and the installation BAT should kick in -- just follow the instructions. Obviously you want to make sure that you have 3D acceleration enabled.

This de-greenifier will only work on EasyTutu. It's remotely possible that you could get it to work on standard Tutu, but I haven't tested it, and I will offer no sympathy or support if you try it and experience major problems. If you want the de-greenifier on regular Tutu, have a look at Tutufix 13.

This EasyTutu de-greenifier is somewhat improved over its Tutufix predecessor in that it should uninstall itself cleanly if you opt to do so. It installs itself (partly) by using WeiDU so as to create backups of existing game files that are to be modified, and cleans up everything else (i.e., new additions) by just blowing the relevant files away. Although I've vowed never to BIFF anything, I did partially preserve the original degreenifier's BIFFing (in this case, just the tilesets) so as to avoid cluttering the override folder with hundreds of MBs of tilesets and opening to door to potentially severe performance issues.

Thanks in advance to any and all who try this and report back.

Hello -

cmorgan has discovered an issue with the installation BAT file...evidently not all versions of Windows support the "/q" switch for the del command, which can result in the degreenifier not cleaning up after itself properly as it installs.

I'll get an updated version posted tomorrow.

Hello -

The "degreenifier" has been updated to version 3, to correct an annoying and elusive problem that prevented uninstallation on Win 9x systems. There is no need to reinstall if you already have the degreenifier installed -- just use version 3 in the future (obtainable from the EasyTutu page).

Many thanks to cmorgan for finding this bug, and for his tireless help in testing my various attempts to fix it.

Hello -

The EasyTutu Degreenifier has been updated to version 4 to allow it to work with no-TotSC installations of EasyTutu (if and when support for not having the expansion is added and confirmed as working). There is no need to reinstall if you are already using version 2 or 3 -- just use version 4 in the future.

The download is in its usual place on the main EasyTutu page.

Archived