Arcane Fist, but cold fist

Guest Articulate Al

Guest Articulate Al

The Arcane Fist kit itself is very good. However, there is one major flaw, its inability to utilize spell made weaponry such as chill touch, ghoul touch and phantom blade. To use such spells in cunjugation with its martial arts would

increase its power vastly. Is their any way to fix this problem? Oh yes, one more query, when I go to the temple to remove the cursed fist, the game crashes, and the fist rendered useless. If you have any solutions at all, no matter how far-fetched or ridiculous, I am willing to try them. However, you could also fix the problem yourself and create a new version.Either one, I would be truly grateful if you answer one or both question.

With high regard toward your modifications,

Articulate Al

I could see making spells like chill touch and ghoul touch useable by the arcane fist, but a spell like phantom blade would be pushing it, somewhat. Keep in mind, though, that the arcane fist will not get extra attacks with those items. He'll be locked in at one attack per round......so this isn't exactly the most judicious use of a memorization slot.

Guest Articulate Al

My main concern at the moment is not debating over the usage memorization

slots for the Arcane Fist. It is currently figuring out how to make all of those spell

weapons I have have listed usable by the Arcane Fist. And by usable I mean

that the character receives all effects conferred by the spell such as THAC0

improvement, extra attacks, and special effects such as +2 THAC0 penalty for enemy if character hits enemy and enemy fails to save with Chill touch or +10 damage for undead when struck with Phantom Blade. Oh yes, a questin for Drew,

would Black Blade of Disaster be a bit too powerful for the game?

Articulate Al

He'd get only the standard effects of the requisite spells. In other words, chill touch and ghoul touch are still worse than his standard unarmed attack....especially since he can attack more often and hit harder using stunning fist for the same effect as ghoul touch. Phantom blade would be a huge cut to his attacks per round at higher levels. (IIRC, the Arcane Fist, like the monk, only gets extra attacks when unarmed) Black blade of disaster isn't too powerful, but the arcane fist would still be stuck at one attack per round using it.

Guest Articulate Al

You said that chill touch is worse than the characters unarmed attack.

This is true Drew, however, if the cursed fist were to be removed, and the character still gains a bonus to attack every 3 levels, wouldn't this increase the

characters THAC0 because of Chill Touches bonus to the characters fist THAC0?

Oh, yes, I forget to mention this but I am playing Baldurs Gate tutu. This means that my character is still in level one so he can not atain stunning blow, yet.

This is true Drew, however, if the cursed fist were to be removed, and the character still gains a bonus to attack every 3 levels, wouldn't this increase the

characters THAC0 because of Chill Touches bonus to the characters fist THAC0?

Maybe. It depends on whether the bonus is applied to the fist weapon or his base Thac0.
Guest Articulate Al

Well, enough debating time to get to the point. Can you tell me how to alter this

kit so that the cursed fist is removed, the character gains all fist upgrades as designated, and may wield all spell weapons?

It probably can't be done. A truly obnoxious level of hackery is required to make the kit work at all. The reason that the fists are cursed is because it was the only way to ensure that the Arcane Fist can actually kill stuff with his fists.

Archived