New EasyTutu Version Available

Macready

Hello -

A new version of EasyTutu is now available for download. Lots of good things in this update:

• * Tutufix "Organised Journal Entries" and "Journal Entry Titles" have been integrated into the base EasyTutu installation. This base level of journal functionality has been polished to remove formatting errors, promote consistency, supply missing titles, and best of all, remove entries from the unsolved quest section of the journal once the corresponding quests have been completed. Work on this enhanced journal functionality has been completed for all game areas prior to entering the city of Baldur's Gate, including the expansion areas. Beginning with talking to Scar on the bridge outside of the city, all journal entries within the city itself and pertaining to the main plot from that point on will revert to standard Tutufix "Organised Journal Entries / Journal Entry Titles" behavior. The next release of EasyTutu will include the improved game journal behavior for these remaining areas.

* The game journal now works in the Prologue.

* The Tutufix "BG2 style map" has been integrated into the base EasyTutu installation, and I've fixed some inconsistent travel times. I'll try to ferret out and fix any remaining travel inconsistencies for a future update when I get time for a playthrough.

* I've added experimental support for installing and playing EasyTutu without Tales of the Sword Coast. I have not been able to test this new feature (I have The Original Saga), but the updated installer code is included in this release. I'd very much appreciate any and all feedback on this feature (even if everything works OK), and I will also ask for patience in the face of any issues which might crop up.

* Many bugfixes.

A full accounting of what has changed is available in the EasyTutu change log, and the downloads are in their usual place on the main EasyTutu page.

Please note that I recommend the use of Tutufix v17 in conjunction with this new release, as that version has been programmed to recognize EasyTutu, and will only offer to install suitable components. If you do use an older version of Tutufix, please do not install: core bug fixes, organized journal entries, journal entry titles, the BG2-style world map.

Enjoy.

Hello -

I've just posted an updated version of yesterday's release. This update is to address an issue with the experimental new "no-TotSC" support included in yesterday's release, so if your Baldur's Gate 1 installation includes Tales of the Sword Coast and you already have yesterday's release, you needn't bother with this one. For those users who *are* attempting to use EasyTutu for a BG1 playthrough without TotSC, if you downloaded and installed yesterday's release, you will need to uninstall it and reinstall with today's. Specifically, this update addresses some issues with missing/corrupt graphical resources, the first evidence of which could be found in Winthrop's store inventory in the Candlekeep Inn.

Hello -

I can see already that the latest attempt at no-TotSC support is going to have problems, so I have pulled the most recent test release. Support for not having TotSC is being dropped pending a bit more work on my end.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Hello -

As evident from my sad string of posts in this thread, I have been experimenting with adding support for installing and playing EasyTutu when the parent Baldur's Gate 1 installation does not have the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion installed. I have just posted another update which represents my third attempt at this after yesterday's release and today's earlier (pulled) release failed to get the job done. This latest attempt resolves all of the issues I have made been aware of and have noticed myself. Of course, some new issues may crop up...but maybe the third time really is the charm. If you are a no-TotSC user and you try this release out, please, please, please leave feedback in the Tutu forum to let me know how things are going (even if they are going fine).

This update is only significant for no-TotSC end users. If you have Tales of the Sword Coast installed, you do not need to download and install this update if you already have yesterday's release, as the two versions are identical for TotSC users.

Archived