Compile error on arm/zaurus

Glaive

Hi all!

I'm trying to compile gemrb on a zaurus sl-c3100 that is running pdaxrom beta4 with 2.6.16 kernel and have ran into an error. Configure went successfully, but when make is compiling map.cpp I get the following error:

Map.cpp: In function `void InitSpawnGroups()':

Map.cpp:122: warning: cast from `char (*)[9]' to `ieDword*' increases required alignment of target type

Map.cpp:124: warning: cast from `char (*)[9]' to `ieDword*' increases required alignment of target type

Map.cpp: In member function `void Map::SpawnCreature(Point&, char*, int)':

Map.cpp:1884: warning: cast from `char*' to `ieDword*' increases required alignment of target type

make[4]: *** [Map.lo] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb-0.2.6/gemrb/plugins/Core'

make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb-0.2.6/gemrb/plugins'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb-0.2.6/gemrb'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb-0.2.6'

make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, i knew the trick i used there will cause problem with alignment sensitive machines :)

I'll rewrite spawngroup handling.

Alternatively, you can turn off warnings blocking the compilation, hopefully it won't crash the game, if it crashes, you'll know what is the cause.

[edit]

btw, you use an old version. If you can use the CVS on SF, do so!

Hi! Wow, that was a fast response!

I'm trying to compile the new version from cvs but still get a similiar error:

Interface.cpp: In member function `bool Interface::ReadItemTable(const char*, const char*)':

Interface.cpp:3727: warning: cast from `char (*)[9]' to `int*' increases required alignment of target type

Interface.cpp: In member function `bool Interface::ResolveRandomItem(CREItem*)':

Interface.cpp:3825: warning: cast from `char*' to `int*' increases required alignment of target type

make[4]: *** [interface.lo] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb/gemrb/plugins/Core'

make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb/gemrb/plugins'

make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb/gemrb'

make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb'

Found another one :rolleyes:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I/usr/include -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/gemrb\" -DPLUGINDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/gemrb\" -g -O2 -I/opt/native/arm/3.4.6-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -Werror -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -ansi -pedantic -Wno-format-y2k -Wno-long-long -MT SDLVideoDriver.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/SDLVideoDriver.Tpo -c SDLVideoDriver.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/SDLVideoDriver.o

SDLVideoDriver.cpp: In member function `virtual void SDLVideoDriver::DrawPolyline(Gem_Polygon*, Color&, bool)':

SDLVideoDriver.cpp:1755: warning: cast from `Uint8*' to `Uint16*' increases required alignment of target type

SDLVideoDriver.cpp:1760: warning: cast from `Uint8*' to `Uint32*' increases required alignment of target type

make[4]: *** [sDLVideoDriver.lo] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb/gemrb/plugins/SDLVideo'

make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb/gemrb/plugins'

make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb/gemrb'

make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/ide2/dev/gemrb'

BTW, you said there's a way to disable such errors. Could you point out how that is done?

Thanks!

Removing -Werror can help.

[edit]

Though i think i only mentioned that i'll fix the errors.

It could be that some machines would crash or degrade performance when these warnings are ignored, nevertheless you can try to remove the -Werror option.

Removing -Werror can help.

[edit]

Though i think i only mentioned that i'll fix the errors.

It could be that some machines would crash or degrade performance when these warnings are ignored, nevertheless you can try to remove the -Werror option.

Unfortunately that didn't help because after removing -Werror from the makefile g++ segfaulted while compiling SDLVideoDriver.cpp

Thanks anyway!

What? g++ segfaulted?

That is definitely not a gemrb fault. Try again with a clean remake.

If it still segfaults, hmm, then there is a severe bug in g++ which you should report.

Sadly this problem is not easy to fix, we already discussed it in the team.

Archived