How to change NPC's portraits

tiresias

I've looked all over G3 and on PPG and Sorc's and can't figure this out. I have pics that I'd like to use in exchange for the standard ones for Minsc, Jaheira, etc...how do I go about swapping these Small and Larges out? i want them changed! argh!

I've looked all over G3 and on PPG and Sorc's and can't figure this out.  I have pics that I'd like to use in exchange for the standard ones for Minsc, Jaheira, etc...how do I go about swapping these Small and Larges out?  i want them changed! argh!

Well, the easiest way is to resize your new portraits to the correct sizes. Then rename them with the names of the portraits you want to replace. You can look these up with Infinity Explorer, but Minsc's BG2 portraits are NMINSCM and NMINSCS (and if you want to replace his epilogue it's NMINSCL). Then go to your override folder. If there are already existing portraits in there with those names back them up to somewhere safe and then drop your new portraits in.

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm wondering where to find the rest of the names for the characters in order to change portraits. I'm probably going to change several.  Surely someone has a link?

As I said before you can look these up with Infininity Explorer. However, because I'm extremely bored, here is a list of the BG2 NPCs for you. Replace the * with L, M or S as appropriate.

NAERIE*

NANOMEN*

NCERND*

NEDWIN*

NHAER*

NIMOEN*

NJAHEIR*

NJAN*

NKELDOR*

NKORGAN*

NMAZZY*

NMINSC*

NNALIA*

NVALYGA*

NVICON*

NYOSHIM*

SAREVOK*

Hot damn, you the man! I really appreciate it. It's a rainy sunday here and I just installed Ascension and various mods and wanted to get started today with nice customizations to have a fresh experience. Thanks for the help.

Archived