Help!?!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I get Amber released from the prison then 2 seconds after that she tells me I have my head up my ass and leaves the party. Is this suppose to happen or is this some sort of bug. Because I have her bag of stuff and I wandered around the city for about 45 mins and she never showed back up :suspect: I also checked the M#AmberRomanceActive thread and it was 3 which for the other romances means its over.

I get Amber released from the prison then 2 seconds after that she tells me I have my head up my ass and leaves the party. Is this suppose to happen or is this some sort of bug. Because I have her bag of stuff and I wandered around the city for about 45 mins and she never showed back up :suspect: I also checked the M#AmberRomanceActive thread and it was 3 which for the other romances means its over.

What's your reputation?

Guest Guest

What's your reputation?

My reputation is 9 pretty much I left the dungeon saved Viconia, did something to increase my reputation one point and then released Amber.

Guest Guest

What's your reputation?

My reputation is 9 pretty much I left the dungeon saved Viconia, did something to increase my reputation one point and then released Amber.

Oh yeah I almost forgot I tried with another character that has a 20 rep and it still did the same thing.

Oh, she shouldn't leave unless your rep was something abysmal, like 1 or 2.

Then she's probably leaving because M#AmberLike is less than 90, which should be impossible if she's just joined the party. Initially M#AmberLike should be set to somewhere between 99 and 110 depending on your charisma.

One possibility (unlikely) is that for some reason the script blocks where M#AmberLike is initially set are missing from m#amber.bcs.

Another (more likely) possibility is that for some reason here script didn't set m#AmberLike variable before she initiated the joining dialogue. Then your PC, being a nice guy, said something decent to Amber which caused m#AmberLike to increment by one point. Since the script that initially sets m#AmberLike is depending the value being still zero, it would not set it correctly was accidentally already set to 1 in the joining dialogue. An oversight that's easily corrected to the next version if its indeed the case.

Meanwhile, in order for you to get Amber to join.... Did you click talk her immediately when she became visible or did she initiate the joining dialogue by herself? If she initiated the talk by herself it's really odd because the script block that triggers the joining dialogue is below the script blocks that set m#AmberLike. Which means that that it should always get set before she says anything.

Hmmm...

So, let me just confirm this. It was this line of dialogue you got?

IF ~GlobalLT("M#AmberLike","Locals",90)~ THEN BEGIN Break
 SAY ~That does it! I'm sick and tired of you walking around with your head up your ass and acting like a total prat. I'm not going to suffer your abuse for a minute longer. May you rot in hell where you belong.~
[..]

Or this:

IF ~Reputation(Player1,1)~ THEN BEGIN PostRep
 SAY ~That's it. I've had it - I will take no more of this stupidity.~
[..]

I could use a copy of m#amber.bcs from your override and probably a copy of a saved game just before she joins. You can send them to amber@mbnet.fi

At this point I have no idea what could be causing this, there seems to be no legitimate reason. :suspect:

Guest Guest

That does it! I'm sick and tired of you walking around with your head up your ass and acting like a total prat. I'm not going to suffer your abuse for a minute longer. May you rot in hell where you belong. This is the one i get every time. I tried something after you mentioned the m#amberlike thread i saved the game right as soon as she joined the party then using SK i went and changed the value of m#amberlike to 100 and she stayed in the group. The value i changed it from was 1 so i am guessing that, quote "for some reason here script didn't set m#AmberLike variable before she initiated the joining dialogue. Then your PC, being a nice guy, said something decent to Amber which caused m#AmberLike to increment by one point. Since the script that initially sets m#AmberLike is depending the value being still zero, it would not set it correctly was accidentally already set to 1 in the joining dialogue." is the reason for the screw up in the game.

That does it! I'm sick and tired of you walking around with your head up your ass and acting like a total prat. I'm not going to suffer your abuse for a minute longer. May you rot in hell where you belong. This is the one i get every time. I tried something after you mentioned the m#amberlike thread i saved the game right as soon as she joined the party then using SK i went and changed the value of m#amberlike to 100 and she stayed in the group. The value i changed it from was 1 so i am guessing that, quote "for some reason here script didn't set m#AmberLike variable before she initiated the joining dialogue. Then your PC, being a nice guy, said something decent to Amber which caused m#AmberLike to increment by one point. Since the script that initially sets m#AmberLike is depending the value being still zero, it would not set it correctly was accidentally already set to 1 in the joining dialogue." is the reason for the screw up in the game.

Glad to hear that you got it working, though I'm still baffled why the engine ignored the script blocks above the one that initiates the joining dialog. I guess I'll go back to tinkering more failsafes to the script... :suspect:

All right, so far I have come to the conclusion that the source of the problem is the baldur.bcs.

For M#AmberLike to get set in amber.bcs, M#AmberMatch needs to have been set, so that we know which PCs (Player 1 or Player2) Charisma we want to check. M#AmberMatch is set in baldur.bcs, to which I have appended my script blocks using EXTEND_BOTTOM. The fact that M#AmberMatch didn't get set or anything else that we do in baldur.bcs fails to get done leads me to believe that there's something in baldur.bcs added by an another mod above Amber's script blocks that is always (or nearly always) true.

So far I've spotted one suspicious block:

IF
OR(3)
	!AreaType(OUTDOOR)
	TimeOfDay(DAY)
	See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("ResetPeddlerTimer","GLOBAL",1)
END

With that block in baldur.bcs, Amber's stuff in baldur.bcs will never take place during the day or indoors.

I'm not sure which mod the block is from, there's two blocks from The Darkest Day directly below it and many blocks with variables that I didn't recognise above it (such as "BPHorredDeadCheck", "montjoinwithxzar" and "adarioquests").

I'm now pretty sure that these problems with baldur.bcs were caused by a non-WeiDu mod that you had installed (Big Picture, wasn't it?). Since I think Miraz is using the WeiDU version of BP with Amber without (Amber related) problems I'd recommend trying it next time instead of the non-WeiDU one. :)

I'm also considering using EXTEND_TOP in the future for Amber's baldur.bcs additions.

Archived