Confusion between Amber, Player1 and Player2

Elurin

I'm to the point where Amber is taking a bath in a nearby stream, at night.. But instead of Player2, who is the one romancing Amber, Player1 is the one who sneaks up on her. Player one continues to be the one "in control" of the dialog, until the part where Amber notices she's been ambushed. At this point Amber calls out Player2's name and Player2 takes over the conversation from there.

I've also seen in another save, in chapter 4 (after Bohdi leaves you in the asylum) - when Player1 has a dizzy spell due to loosing his soul, Amber responds to Player1 even though the romance was with Player2.

On a lesser note, during one of her random flirts, Amber referred to Player2 as the Bhaalspawn -Saying something like - I wonder if all the children of Bhaal are as cute as you?-

I'm going to send that Debug file as soon as i'm done here. I also have a current save that's right before Amber's bathing incident. I could send that as well if it'd be helpful.

Thanks again Meira and Darios :(

I'll try to look what's up with the P2's bath talk. I'm using a little unconventional coding for it which works fine for the Protagonist, but P2 is a bit more uncertain. I should have been more thorough when testing it.

Was Amber's interjection in the chapter 4 romantic or just concerned? I think she interjects to the protagonist's dizziness regardless of her romance interest, if P1 is not involved in any other romance (or is having a romance with a modded NPC the I don't have in the checklist.)

Thanks for reporting the flirt issue though I'm fairly sure it's been pointed out to me before. I'll try to do better job in fixing it this time. :(

I'm sure I'll be able to fix these without the savegame, because I'm fairly certain where to look based on you description. ;)

I'll try to look what's up with the P2's bath talk. I'm using a little unconventional coding for it which works fine for the Protagonist, but P2 is a bit more uncertain. I should have been more throughout when testing it.

Was Amber's interjection in the chapter 4 romantic or just concerned? I think she interjects to the protagonist's dizziness regardless of her romance interest, if P1 is not involved in any other romance (or is having a romance with a modded NPC the I don't have in the checklist.)

Thanks for reporting the flirt issue though I'm fairly sure it's been pointed out to me before. I'll try to do better job in fixing it this time. :p

I'm sure I'll be able to fix these without the savegame, because I'm fairly certain where to look based on you description. ;)

Wait a minute! ... :D

you seem to have snuck an updated version of Amber by me.. *smacks forehead*

and i just got done going on about how thoroughly i look things over.. :(

I'm pretty sure if you'd already addressed the flirt problem i mentioned; that it's still fixed. I probably just don't have that particular fix! :D

Ughh... I suppose you know whether the bath issue or the Assylum issue were dealt with already or not. But meanwhile, i'm going to install version 1.1 and see what happens for me..

Do i need to start with a new save? or can i continue with the current save after installing 1.1?

Actually, the version 1.1 only fixes the issue with a faulty code with Item Upgrade (v32 and older) compatibility. So you don't need that unless you're planning to install IU before Amber (which you probably aren't because you alredy have Amber installed). :(

I *think* the flirt thing was mentioned during the beta testing. ;)

Archived