GemRB 0.2.8 & IWD HoW + Trials of the luremaster

Guest Guest_Storm_*

Guest Guest_Storm_*

Hello,

I've just downloaded 0.2.8 version of GemRB. I tried it on IWD with Trials of the luremaster, and encountered some problems:

* GUI keeps blinking - it looks like game area is on the first plane, and gui on the second - I can click on it, and it shows itself for a second, but generally it is hidden - both in windowed mode and in fullscreen.

* Animations - it keeps telling me:

[CharAnimations]: Couldn't create animationfactory: cdmf4g1e

[KEYImporter]: Searching for cdmf4g1e.bam...[ERROR]

and i cannot see my character.

The first bug makes the engine simply unplayable, so i cannot test it any further.

I'm using Gentoo linux.

Best regards,

Storm

Yes, you are right, i had wrong gametype, didn't notice it. Now it seems fine... Apart from the sound - all i can hear is some weird noises... But it might be the fault of my kernel (as i am usually using ALSA, and this is made in OSS i presume?)

And one more thing - in the character screen, i have all the info mixed up - it looks like there are wrong strrefs assigned in the GUI - maybe it was changed in ToL (or maybe it does not work in HoW also...)

Also the "priest scroll" dialogue is not working correctly.

I am using 800x600 screen res.

Best regards,

Storm

Yes, you are right, i had wrong gametype, didn't notice it. Now it seems fine... Apart from the sound - all i can hear is some weird noises... But it might be the fault of my kernel (as i am usually using ALSA, and this is made in OSS i presume?)

Actually we use OpenAL and OpenAL could be configured to use ALSA/OSS/SDL whatever you got.

Sometimes i hear weird noises too, i blame openal.

Hey,

It is also impossible to take some of the equipment off (in example armour and shoes).

And there is "Identify" button present when you open the description of any of the bags (i.e. potion bag), but i suppose it is a placeholder for "Open container" button?

I have a question about this mixed up strrefs in the character info dialogue - is it possible to fix it via the python gui scripts (if yes, then where should i look for it)?

Best regards,

Storm

There was a bug about magical equipment. how/iwd uses the 'item not removable' bit as 'item is magical'.

This bug is fixed already.

The container bug isn't fixed yet.

The character stats screen could be fixed by editing the python script, yeah.

For reference try to use the bg2 scripts.

But eventually these will be fixed too.

There was a bug about magical equipment. how/iwd uses the 'item not removable' bit as 'item is magical'.

This bug is fixed already.

The container bug isn't fixed yet.

The character stats screen could be fixed by editing the python script, yeah.

For reference try to use the bg2 scripts.

But eventually these will be fixed too.

Hello,

It is me again. Hopefully my feedback is helping you somehow.

I have compiled the latest version from the CVS and indeed you can now unequip items. But now as the magic items are marked, the square is not in the place it should be (it is a matter of 1-2 pixels) and thus it is overlapping with item icon, and it is on the stack number on i.e. magical arrows (btw stack numbers use wrong 'small' font, but that is a minor problem.

Also the capacity shown on the backpack is almost not visible.

Best regards,

Storm

Archived