FindTraps() in IWD:TotL

Guest Samalander

Guest Samalander

I've tried this numerous times now, and I can't seem to find a way to turn on the findtraps modal in IWD:TotL. I am using the script compiler released by Black Isle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, !ModalState(Myself, DETECTTRAPS) doesn't seem to work. Compiler complains that there is no ModalState() trigger.

I've tried this numerous times now, and I can't seem to find a way to turn on the findtraps modal in IWD:TotL. I am using the script compiler released by Black Isle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, !ModalState(Myself, DETECTTRAPS) doesn't seem to work. Compiler complains that there is no ModalState() trigger.

I can see by reading the IESDP that a lot of it comes from BG and BG2.

I did download the IWD Workspace of a guy named "Grog" (Nathan Bunch). In it, he has included all his source files, which I was looking at.

From my C++ days of programming, I was looking around to see if he had anything like #include that would give him "extra-curricular" abilities. I noticed that the Black Isle compiler comes with a lot of .IDS files in the folder. Because Grog included his entire workspace, I can see that he has at least an addition 23 .IDS files and has probably modified the contents of others.

The default script sources that come with IWD, IWD:HoW, and IWD:TotL do not include any reference to automatically finding traps because none of the scripts do that for you.

And, as I said initially, the FindTraps() for BG doesn't seem to work in IWD.

At any rate, I'm not entirely stupid (just new), so if someone can give me a pointer on getting FindTraps() either #include(d) or imported into IWD from the BG IE or similar... I'd appreciate it!

Archived