Khalid and Jaheira won't join

Guest Friso

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I've just started a new game in TuTu, but when I get to the Friendly Arm, Khalid and Jaheira won't join my party. I go through the conversation as normal, but after the last dialogue option, I get the message "General information has been added" about my journal, though no text has appeared in the journal, and they don't join. I can run through the conversation twice, after which they will only wish me good luck on my further travels, with nothing else. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I am running the following mods:

BGTuTu

TuTuFix

Song and Silence

BG1NPC

PLASMOBG1BG2

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I did a forum search but didn't find anything

I'm reasonbly confident that this isn't a BG1 NPC Project thing, because that doesn't do anything to J&K's joining dialogues.

Are you running EasyTutu or regular Tutu v4?

I know that conventional Tutu v4 had some journal entry weirdness that was fixed by EasyTutu. But that does you no good if you are playing the game in a language that is not English and need to use Tutu v4.

I'm reasonbly confident that this isn't a BG1 NPC Project thing, because that doesn't do anything to J&K's joining dialogues.

Are you running EasyTutu or regular Tutu v4?

I know that conventional Tutu v4 had some journal entry weirdness that was fixed by EasyTutu. But that does you no good if you are playing the game in a language that is not English and need to use Tutu v4.

I'm using regular Tutu v4, in English. Should I switch to EasyTutu?

Absolutely. EasyTutu is far simpler to use and there are a lot more people around who can help you troubleshoot your installation.

The bad news with that is that you would have to completely start over with a fresh BG2 installation. After you uninstall the game, you should probably delete the entire folder just for good measure. Having the traces of a WeiDU log or CHITIN.key, or something else lying around will play merry hell with a subsequent installation. You will not be able to use old Tutu saved games with EasyTutu, since the resources are named differently.

To install EasyTutu, you need a full, patched but unmodified installation of Baldur's Gate with or without Tales of the Sword Coast and a full, patched but unmodified Baldur's Gate Shadows of Amn with or without the Throne of Bhaal.

You can get EasyTutu from the same place that you got Tutu v4, PPG.

If you are used to Tutu v4, you should be aware that EasyTutu creates its own directory, leaving your BG1 and BG2 games intact and untouched. You can modify them as you please or delete them completely, at your discretion.

When installing mods on an EasyTutu installation, remember to install them in your BaldursGateTutu directory!

Good luck!

Absolutely. EasyTutu is far simpler to use and there are a lot more people around who can help you troubleshoot your installation.

The bad news with that is that you would have to completely start over with a fresh BG2 installation. After you uninstall the game, you should probably delete the entire folder just for good measure. Having the traces of a WeiDU log or CHITIN.key, or something else lying around will play merry hell with a subsequent installation. You will not be able to use old Tutu saved games with EasyTutu, since the resources are named differently.

To install EasyTutu, you need a full, patched but unmodified installation of Baldur's Gate with or without Tales of the Sword Coast and a full, patched but unmodified Baldur's Gate Shadows of Amn with or without the Throne of Bhaal.

You can get EasyTutu from the same place that you got Tutu v4, PPG.

If you are used to Tutu v4, you should be aware that EasyTutu creates its own directory, leaving your BG1 and BG2 games intact and untouched. You can modify them as you please or delete them completely, at your discretion.

When installing mods on an EasyTutu installation, remember to install them in your BaldursGateTutu directory!

Good luck!

Hi Berelinde,

Well, I'll just have to do that then. I only walked from Candlekeep to the Friendly Arm, so no big losses there. Thanks a lot for your help!

Archived