Oddity in uninstall process

perricath

I'm uninstalling Amber (so I can reinstall her because she's not triggering for some reason) and in process, I found these three lines in the log:

This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("astHorror","LOCALC")

This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("astHorror","LOCALC")

This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("LSunaTalkedToValygar","GLOABA")

So... what files do I need to patch manually?

Neither of those are from Amber; the latter is most likely from Unfinished Business. (I'm only guessing here, though.) Did you perhaps install UB after Amber? I think that if you uninstall a mod all mods installed after it will be temporally uninstalled during the process, which could explain why errors from those mod show up during Amber's uninstall process. The error are not dangerous, though, some parts of the mod the variables belong to might not work as expected. The variables are misspelled they should be 'LOCALS' and 'GLOBAL'.

Ash of Amber not triggering, if you explain further I might be able to help you. :p Does the quest not trigger or what's going on? Remember, that if you have already visited the prison area in the Government district in the savegame you use, the quest leading to Amber will not work properly.

Ash of Amber not triggering, if you explain further I might be able to help you. :p Does the quest not trigger or what's going on? Remember, that if you have already visited the prison area in the Government district in the savegame you use, the quest leading to Amber will not work properly.

Sorry for not being more detailed. The typo caught my eye, and I should have fully read the logs, but they do tend to zip past.

Once she reinstalled, she triggered perfectly, so I assume that it was something in the multiinstall, or the fact that I am running the game on a non-standard machine (Intel MacBook) on a non-standard OS (10.4, which breaks things just by standing around and looking superior) with enough hackage to make Kevin Mitnick jealous. UB went in before Amber, so I am not sure where oops came from. (There are days when I'd give my left arm, the smart one, for real logs so I can figure out where the errors come from!)

This was a clean install, new game, no saved games because I'd been having some WEIRD (not hack related; I remember having the problem back in the pre-hack days) problems with my old install, so blew it away completely. Order of install was:

SOA

TOB

TOB official patch

Tweakpack

Ashes of Embers (some parts)

Ascension (parts)

D0tweak

Unfinished Business

Kelsey SOA & TOB

Kivan

Zan

Amber

Plasmocrat's portraits (some)

Yes, these all play together nicely. Can't vouch for anything else.

EDIT: Fixed the quote tag - Meira

Archived