Romance seems bugged

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm playing through Amber for the first time, and the romance seems bugged-I'm at the point where the party rests at an inn and the sex scene occurs, but after the rest is over, the romance seems stuck-there's no morning after dialogue (if there is indeed one in the first place), and using the AdvanceRealTime command has no effect. Any suggestions?

Guest Guest

Just give it some time. I sometimes get the morning after talk a few days/weeks later. I dont know if its a bug or what, but I have had the same issue as well.

Yep, an engine thing - when you move your party right after you rest, you don't get the dialogue.

I solved it this way: with advancing the global in the script AND in the dialogue(see that tutorial), you don't need PartyRested with AtRest-MorningAfter pairs. You still need PartyRested for separate talks that happen "just after rest", though.

And you need them if you're going to abort resting for some reason, or if a talk is likely to immediately precede rest, but isn't guaranteed to do so. I have to do it for the drunken banters, where I have no guarantee that the party will rest after drinking. Big pain.

But no, PartyRested() isn't needed here, even as it is.

And you need them if you're going to abort resting for some reason, or if a talk is likely to immediately precede rest, but isn't guaranteed to do so. I have to do it for the drunken banters, where I have no guarantee that the party will rest after drinking. Big pain.

Yep, PartyRested seems inevitable here. :) By the way, did just setting the variable on PartyRested and then, when the variable is set, activating the dialogue, help? I think it might, though I am not sure.

Archived