Jaheira Beador bug

Chev

With BG1NPCInternal.exe Before entering ar8500 X#JAHEIASEN =5

Then it takes a few sec. for Beador & 5 showdruids spawn. Beador says " Strangers... get away form here... to the tree house. Maretha... rescue her... don't bother with me.."

Jaheira says "Even when dying, he is foolish noble! Onward <charname> we cannot allow these shadow filth to kill him!"

Then no more dialogue. they all stay blue and X#JAHEIASEN =12

OK, I think I fixed this with the complete recode. Let me check it one more time... I will get back to you tomorrow with the results.

I am 90% finished with a full crossplatform variable single-source version; I have some typos and a few mismatched variables, then Kivan's timer issue, then a recheck of Pink Xan Banter, Jaheira's Quest, and Kagain's Quest (scripts and triggers for Silvershield house and initiating quest). I' trying hard for the morning of the 8th for an internal Beta4, then a week of everyone volunteering to test :) then a release.

These are all fixed, but the cost was a complete recode done over the past month - there is no longer a "JAHEIRASEN" variable, or anything like it. Things are broken down into X#JaheiraQuest and some related variables - but as far as I can tell, fixed.

Not tested, but fixed.

By the way, Chevalier, *that* is an awsome bug report. 5 seconds to track exactly where and what went wrong. Awesome!

I also have a problem with this quest, i'm finished with Andarthe but Maretha doesn't appear when i enter the treehouse-she is supposed to be there, right?- Can this problem be fixed with the cluaconsole? And if so, what do i have to type in it?

SetGlobal("<string1>","<string2>",<int>)

Sets the variable specified by <string1> (of type <string2>) to the value of <int>.

SetGlobal("X#JAHEIASEN","GLOBAL",20)

I think that should do it.

No luck with this one yet

Or rather, it says that X#JAHEIASEN doesn't even exist. Nor does JaheiraQuest.

EDIT: I was missing the 'r' :) It's ok now. Thanks for the help.

EDIT2: So it's not that ok, after all. After i've spoken with Martha, and when i go to talk with Senyad, he still gives me the same speech like at the beginning of the quest, even though JAHEIRASEN is set to 31. I think i'll skip the whole thing now, but maybe you'd want to look into it if it's a bug or not.

I am about to post an announcement about the testing version in the Playtesters forum; I will PM you a link to try the new version out. You will definitely need to start over with a new game, and a completely new install (as in remove BG1 NPC from your install, delete the folder and tp2, and then put in the new version) - it is a complete recode by Kulyok, berelinde, and myself :)

With BG1NPCInternal.exe Before entering ar8500 X#JAHEIASEN =5

Then it takes a few sec. for Beador & 5 showdruids spawn. Beador says " Strangers... get away form here... to the tree house. Maretha... rescue her... don't bother with me.."

Jaheira says "Even when dying, he is foolish noble! Onward <charname> we cannot allow these shadow filth to kill him!"

Then no more dialogue. they all stay blue and X#JAHEIASEN =12

I have the same problem with this quest (no more dialogue, druids don't attack me and if I kill them nothing happen and Beador doesn't wake up), but I think I have the lass version of BG1NPC (Beta 4).

Can I do something for it work correctly without start a new game or have I to give up this quest for the moment ?

If you have v14, released Sept 18, 2007 (no beta designation) then this is supposedly fixed, and I will check the release code - if you are playing anything before v14, it is probable that there is no good workaround available. Please toss your WeiDU.log contents up here, so we can at least try to get it worked around :)

If you have v14, released Sept 18, 2007 (no beta designation) then this is supposedly fixed, and I will check the release code - if you are playing anything before v14, it is probable that there is no good workaround available. Please toss your WeiDU.log contents up here, so we can at least try to get it worked around :)

Version 14 ?! :) I play with v12 beta4 (March 10, 2007), the file is call 'BG1NPCInternal. I was thinking it was the last one because of the name. :)

Do you want to see my Weidu anyway ?

Nope - no need! You have an older version that got fixed up for the final release.

Easiest thing to do is skip this until your next run - I will take a look through some back posts and see if there is any kind of workaround, but my bet is it will involve just getting the quest reward from Seniyad, and skipping the content.

Archived