(BG2 Tweaks) Minor oversight

Rikka

Hello all,

I'm in the process of playing BG2 for the first time in a couple years and am using the BG2 Tweak Pack, among some other small mods. I really like this particular mod, particularly the part that lets MC'd Ftrs gain full grandmastery and the adjusted weapon profs (i.e. putting Wakizashi's with Katanas and Ninja-to's with short swords).

But I discovered that the "Usano's Blade +4" Ninja-to appears to have been overlooked in the adjusted profs code. Its description still says that it's in the "Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-to" group. (And as a semi-related aside, its avatar animation appears to look more like a long sword than a short sword.)

And I'm having a bit of a brain cramp, but I cannot recall if the monks-only Ninja-to in the SoA bonus merchants was fixed either.

But I discovered that the "Usano's Blade +4" Ninja-to appears to have been overlooked in the adjusted profs code. Its description still says that it's in the "Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-to" group. (And as a semi-related aside, its avatar animation appears to look more like a long sword than a short sword.)

Hehe. If you don't have the Game Text Update installed (either from BG2 Fixpack or from Baldurdash), the description patch fails on this item--because they spell wakizashi as 'wakishashi'. It's purely cosmetic; the proficiency is still changed.

And I'm having a bit of a brain cramp, but I cannot recall if the monks-only Ninja-to in the SoA bonus merchants was fixed either.

This one appears to be fine.

Archived