DROW ITEMS BG2

Landr

I know that I can CLUA in the drow item's, so they are'nt actually destroyed by sunlight. So is there a trigger in the game when you leave the underdark that replaces the item's with dust?. If so, couldn't you give the drow items you wanted to one of your NPC's, then kick them out, leave the underdark, then go pick them up?

I know this is pretty much cheating, but I was wondering would it work?

Meh,

Landr

It does for a few of the PCs who can leave the Underdark (most will only let you leave them where they are) in the default game. The fixpack makes a change so they won't have their drow equipment if they're kicked out and leave to the surface.

If you know how, you can just edit the AR2500 script to disable the code that destroys the drow equipment (as well as the AR4000, AR4500, and AR6100 scripts for ToB).

When I was doing it, I just put lots of stuff to my Bag of Holding, and placed the items to the very bottom. It worked.

Also, there's a "chain way": you pause, drop the items, unpause, go to talk with Elhan. Then return, place your party members in a chain from the exit from the Underdark to the map's exit, the first one standing on the items, and pause the game. Then, without unpausing, pass the items down the line to the exit, and the last guy puts them on the ground. Then everyone gathers around the guy, you make a save, only then unpause and quickly leave. Usually works.

Oh, and there might be a mod that does this, too.

Archived