Mage files?

Guest Modder

Guest Modder

A series of questions:

Which file (if its not "hard-coded") controls the number of spells of each level that Mages are able to cast per day?

Which file (if its not "hard-coded") controls the number of spells Sorcerers are able to add to their spell books at each level? Which file controls the number of spells of each level that they are able to cast per day?

Which file (if its not "hard-coded") controls the odds of Mages being able to successfully write a spell to their spell books? Which file controls the maximum number of spells of each level that may be written to the spell book based on Intelligence?

Insight into the internal workings of the Sorcerer class would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest Modder

Also:

Which file (if its not "hard-coded") controls the spell selection that Sorcerers are able to choose from?

Thanks!

MXSPLWIZ.2da - Spells per day for Wizards

MXSPLSRC.2da - Spells per day for Sorcerers

INTMOD.2da - Bonus Spells and Max Spells

I don't think you can change the number of spells sorcerers memorize per level, as to the selection I believe they can choose from all the mage spells in SPELL.ids. I don't know about the learn percentage, I think it's hardcoded to the difficulty but I've never had to change it so there might be a 2da somewhere for that too.

Sorcerers can pick from spells named spwi[1-9][0-4][0-9].spl (with a few hardcoded exceptions). There's only room for twenty five choices on the spell selection menu, though, so if there's more spells, the ones with names beginning later in the alphabet will be unavailable.

Archived