Romances

Guest Lysan Lurraxol

Guest Lysan Lurraxol

Hi! :)

I've just found your mod (and it looks fab, finally, a reason to take IWDII off the shelf). I'm looking forward to playing it

Just out of curiosity, are all of the romances m/f, or are there any plans for m/m, or f/f?

Thanks

*runs off to install IWD2NPC*

Currently all the romances are heterosexual.

I am planning to write a gay version of one of the romances (while I am on vacations), and had been planning to do it since the start of the mod, in fact the romance was initially gay-specific. But now it involves pretty much a re-write of the whole thing, because I believe that simple substitute of pronouns is a wrong thing to do, so it might take a while, but there are some materials that you might notice that are already built into the mod to accomodate it (such as jelousy interjections in male PC romances.) I don't really want to talk too much about it, till it's actually done, seeing how I might never get to it, 'cause you know, vacations are an unpredictable thing :)

I was also thinking about giving one of the shelved NPCs a lesbian love-story, but she does not have the personality I would have wanted to develop into a lesbian romance, so no, I wn't be doing a lesbian romance for this mod.

Guest Lysan Lurraxol

A m/m romance? Can't wait :)

I think I can guess which character.

The mod's wonderful by the way, I'm halfway through chapter one, no bugs so far :)

Heh, we are playing Jade Empire now, and to my surprise (though, to be honest, what to be surprised about, seeing how a female gamer is always an afterthought?) the game does not have a dedicated heterosexual romance for a female PC. I guess it can never be perfect. I kindda feel dissappointed, because otherwise JE is lovely.

I've never played JE as a female (I couldn't get over the ridiculous costumes the PCs had to wear :p ). I'm guessing that Sky's bisexuality comes up in the female romance?

It's not very well done in the male romance either.

And is it just me who loathes Dawn Star? ???

Slightly on topic, despite my male Pc being in a sort of relationship with Salomeya,

*spoilers*

Jaemal appears to be flirting/crushing on my PC. I'm playing on the alpha version, though.

:)

I find Dawn Star increasingly annoying. I am kinda trying to start the game with a female PC after watching my husband to play with a male for a bit. But the controls are bloody awful for someone like me. ???

Jaemal should do what he does; he is confused as to whom he is attracted to, Salomeya or your PC. He will stop once you are past a specific talk and the romance 'conflicts' exhaust themselves.

One day, one day ??? I just don't like throwing things like romances together in a hurry. His romance for a male PC needs to be pretty much written all over again, 'casue I am sure not doing a pronoun substitution romance.

Sorry, my bad ??? Writing is a tricky thing for me, I have to write a variety of characters/plots, I can't write just one for too too long, or it becomes as tasty as cardboard. But seeing that he is one of my fav charactrers I am pretty sure I'll be back one day to do the proper sequence.

Enjoy your holiday :)

Any interaction with Jaemal would be wonderful. Sad as it sounds I love him to itlle bitty pieces ???

Off topic again, but I see what you mean about IWD2, it's very beautiful, and I can empathise with the "villains". Makes a change from "I want to be the new god of murder Because" :p

Archived