Big Mods

I was just wondering what people think about the big mods for the Baldur's gate games. I've heard a lot of negative things about some of them

*cough* The Darkest Day *cough*

I've only played Tortured Souls, which was good, but caused problems and eventually died :)

So, I'm curious, are any of them any good?

BTW I'm not talking about total conversions, though Classic Adventures is wonderful :)

You can get a lot of people's impressions of Big Mods if you go to the forums of Big Mods and read people's impressions.

And searching thru general BG gaming boards/forums for the Big Mods' names could yield some positive results. Novel concept, I know.

I've only played Tortured Souls, which was good, but caused problems and eventually died :)

So did the game die, or your character(s)? Or both?

I have little patience for mods or games for that matter, that crash constantly killing the game experience. Maybe I had a bad install, who knows. I am sure the creators of TDD worked hard on their mod, but after that it ruined my perception of the mod. But that was version 1.01 I think or maybe it was the first version. I haven't played it since then. I would guess the later versions have corrected many errors.

TS was bad also.

Check the Bodies sucked, sorry to that, when it first came out. On the brighter side, the newer version is pretty good, so I would recommend that.

Archived