Reaction broken?

coaster

the second is missile reaction, and I'm not aware that anybody knows what it is.

It's a PnP thing:

Reaction adjustment--a bonus added to or penalty subtracted from a die roll used in determining the success of a character's action. Such an adjustment is used especially in reference to surprise (shown on Table 2 as a function of Dexterity) and the reaction of other intelligent beings to a character (shown on Table 6 as a function of Charisma).

Table 2: Dexterity

Ability	Reaction	Missile Attack	 Defensive
	Score	   Adj.		Adj.			   Adj.

1		  -6			-6			   +5
	2		  -4			-4			   +5
	3		  -3			-3			   +4
	4		  -2			-2			   +3
	5		  -1			-1			   +2
	6		   0			 0			   +1
	7		   0			 0				0
	8		   0			 0				0
	9		   0			 0				0
	10-14	   0			 0				0
	15		  0			 0			   -1
	16		 +1			+1			   -2
	17		 +2			+2			   -3
	18		 +2			+2			   -4
	19		 +3			+3			   -4
	20		 +3			+3			   -4
	21		 +4			+4			   -5
	22		 +4			+4			   -5
	23		 +4			+4			   -5
	24		 +5			+5			   -6
	25		 +5			+5			   -6

As for the effect within the IE, well I'm not 100% sure, I've just tested it and it appears that the Dexterity-based reaction adjustment slightly modifies a character's sequence in combat, similarly to weapon speed. Characters with high Dexterity scores have a better reaction adjustment and attack sooner.

Guest EarthquakeDamage
It is hardly a "problem" in the traditional sense, but if you are trying to roleplay the most unlikeable person in the Realms, having people bestow random gifts on you is a little immersion-breaking :)

If you want the most unlikeable person in the Realms, play a dwarf. A friend once described my 2 CHA protagonist as "the most horrid dwarf in the nearest six provinces."

Archived