Amber Bugs: kidnapping and Imoen romance confilct

Guest Mumme

I re-send you the savegames in two seperate mails.

My account to imoen.org is still not activated by the administrator and the mail-address Lord_Mirrabbo@hotmail.com has delivery errors. Can anybody tell me the correct mail-address of Lord Mirrabbo?

Guest Guest For A Day
But why would Imoen try to talk to Amber (and not to a Bio-NPC or the Protagonist)? :)

Because Imoen is trying to chat with CHARNAME's love interest? (It's been ages since I played the Imoen Romance, or in fact BG2 at all, so pardon my intrusion, but I remember her talking to my Biowarean romance partners. Since Amber is not one of them, maybe she's forced to loop there.)

Hi Meira,

can you give me a short feedback about the problems. Did you recieve my savegames? Could you reproduce or trace the bugs? Any solutions?

I'm more interested in a solution for the Amber-kidnapping problem in the multi-player game. Maybe I can use the CLUA console to get Amber back?

I think the Amber-Imoen conflict is not related to your code. However, my account to imoen.org is still not activated and the mail-address of Lord_Mirrabbo seems not to exist.

Ok, I found a solution for the kidnapping problem.

With DLTCP I found, that Amber is in area ar0700 (why?) and not in m#ar01. I moved to ar0700 (Waukeens promendade), picked up Amber and moved back to m#ar01. Now the correct dialog after the escape of Amber started.

I hope all things go well now.

Another question:

In a multiplayer game, Amber started a dialog with the second PC. At the same time the first PC started a dialog and the dialog of Amber was interrupted. Can this cause problems?

Okay good if you found a sollution to your problem, I try to find time to investigate it and see if there is something I could do to prevent it from happening and if i's at all connected to Imoen romance. (I'm sorry that I havent had time to do it.)

Another question:

In a multiplayer game, Amber started a dialog with the second PC. At the same time the first PC started a dialog and the dialog of Amber was interrupted. Can this cause problems?

It might. With who did the player1 start a dialogue with and about what? Was it a original game dialogue or a mod dialogue?

Did you catch what Amber was trying to say to player2? If it was a flirt it shouldn't be a problem.

Archived