Problems working with with BG:II SOA (with TOB installed)

Guest Suislide

Guest Suislide

So I just used BGTutu with the widescreen mod to play through Baldurs Gate I and it worked great! Not to mention, looked damn good as well

But Now with a fresh install of BG:II TOB, I install The Darkest Day mod, start the game, configure my settings, then save at the beginning of the game. Then I install the widescreen mod...however when I start the game again it says I am starting for the first time and I reapply the settings I had and try to play but its on 800x600

Even if the starting for the first time dialog doesn't appear it seems that it still resets all my settings back when isntalling

Perhaps you could provide some help?

The mod kicked ass with TuTu just hope I can get it working with SOA

Guest Suislide

Ok doing it that way the widescreen mod does run it in 1680x1050 but now the menus and status bar are messed up

Im guessing TDD is messing things up :)

Guest Suislide
When you did the tob+patch+tdd+wsm route, where exactly was the failure?

Did wsm complain at install time, or it installed fine, just didn't work.

Maybe WSM was not able to detect the game type correctly.

The failure was that is was not working and infact resetting my graphics settings each time i started the game

I might give it another try though

When you did the tob+patch+tdd+wsm route, where exactly was the failure?

Did wsm complain at install time, or it installed fine, just didn't work.

Maybe WSM was not able to detect the game type correctly.

The failure was that is was not working and infact resetting my graphics settings each time i started the game

I might give it another try though

If you're using the old version (non-WeiDU) of TDD, which was using an installer, it may modify the Baldur.ini so that the game assumes you didn't run the game yet.

TDD had its own launcher software back then. Are you using it? Try to run the game without it.

Archived