Looking for some portrait editing help

Caedwyr

Have fun Eric! The best and most satisfying results are obtained through overpainting, but if you want to process a lot of images at once ... particularly images which will only ever be seen in the smallest size ... some kind of script will be a godsend. I agree that batch processing is out, since a lot of these filters will ask for input on variables as they go through the various steps. BUT ... 10 minutes or so per picture sure beats 3-5 hours (what it generally takes me to do one with all the overpainting, and that's thanks to the images being relatively small ... a larger image would take a lot longer).

Have fun Eric! The best and most satisfying results are obtained through overpainting, but if you want to process a lot of images at once ... particularly images which will only ever be seen in the smallest size ... some kind of script will be a godsend. I agree that batch processing is out, since a lot of these filters will ask for input on variables as they go through the various steps. BUT ... 10 minutes or so per picture sure beats 3-5 hours (what it generally takes me to do one with all the overpainting, and that's thanks to the images being relatively small ... a larger image would take a lot longer).

Indeed :) So far, I've learned that, when it comes to overpainting, it's all about the layers! I predict that editing smallish images will be simpler in some ways, and more challenging in other ways, than editing a larger image. Of course, for someone of my experience, it's far easier to rely on filters and adjustments than to paint. Working with images has me wishing I had a Wacom tablet, or similar device, but I make do with my trackball mouse for now :)

Happy editing,

Eric

Archived