Stutter-tastic

Guest Lazarony

Guest Lazarony

So, I found upon entering the Underdark for the second time, that after my characters have received their neat new avatars, Jaheira and Viconia have developed a neat little stutter (neat means terrible). Now, I believe it didn't start until a romance dialogue occurred, in which Jaheira warned me away from Viconia. Of course, with ongoing concurrent romances, it's not really a big deal.

I immediately installed the "No drow avatars for party" component, to no avail; my party retained their drow form. I ran through the rest of Underdark, which can be done leaving your party standing at an entrance quite frequently, to hurry up and change back to the original avatars, also to no avail. Jaheira and Viconia have retained their inability to function for more the 2 seconds at a time.

Any ideas?

My weidu log is fairly bare, compared to many I've seen around here, so I don't think it's causing the problem...

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script

As a side note, I installed all the avatar changing components AFTER the stutter problem, in hopes to fix it.

I immediately installed the "No drow avatars for party" component, to no avail; my party retained their drow form.

This should work, but you need to use a save game from before you were transformed. If you have cheats enabled, you could try CTRL-R to try and clear any lingering effects.

Archived