Baldur's gate trilogy MOD, BG1NPC, and others...

Darth Slaughter

well, it's me again!!! :)

well, I'm posting this because since I had problems in my first playthrough, i'm willing to try to install new mods to my BGT-BG1NPC modded game.

I have installed ascension installed, BGtrilogy, BG1NPC, BGUB for BGT.

I am very interested in installing sword coast stratagems, sword coast stratagems II, and pocket plane quest pack.

But I want to continue from my current playthrough. I don't want to start over.

but in fact, what i'm most interested at all is the benefit of better NPC management from SCS.

but it's said that for installation of SCS for BGT i should install the quest pack. does this quest pack conflicts with Ascension, for example?

thanks.

here, o the forth paragraph:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/

there is this line:

"The range of BGT mods is so huge that it is difficult to give general installation advice; in general, though, SCS should be installed after most BG-content mods but before BG2-content mods, and in particular it should certainly be installed before Big Picture or SCSII. However (for slightly complex reasons) the AI improvements from the Quest Pack need to be installed before SCS (to be precise: before the Durlag's Tower component of SCS)."

On the readme there is also the same recomendations. Is this meaning that I MUST install it for SCS work on BGT, or it means that if I want to use the quest pack, I should install it before SCS? anyway... english is not my 1st language...

well, the fact is that now i want to know if I may install the quest pack as a whole.

english's my first lang. and I too got a little tripped up.

It means that IF you're using QP, it should go before SCS -- but QP is not required.

As to compatibility, yes QP, Ascension, SCS, BGT, kitchen-sink are all friendly with each other. The install is like this:

Ascension

BGT

QP

SCS

Where "..." is any other mods you want to use in-between.

Hope that's clear.

english's my first lang. and I too got a little tripped up.

It means that IF you're using QP, it should go before SCS -- but QP is not required.

As to compatibility, yes QP, Ascension, SCS, BGT, kitchen-sink are all friendly with each other. The install is like this:

Ascension

BGT

QP

SCS

Where "..." is any other mods you want to use in-between.

Hope that's clear.

ok... pretty much clear. thanks.

Unfortunately, looks like i'll probably have to restart all over.

Archived