Shar-teel and NPC management.

The trigger is okay, I guess.

Okay lets take a closer look. I used WeiDU for creating the .d file (weidu shartp.dlg).

There are two states with the same trigger in shartp.dlg. I'm not that familiar with dialogue files, so someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

My guess is, that the first is preventing the second from triggering. (Whatever comes first (unweighted) gets executed.)

I wonder how I was able to send her to an inn :)

Maybe my memory has failed.

As a workaround, you could add a third line to the trigger of state 3 (in Near Infinity) that prevents this from triggering.

So (beware, another lousy instruction):

- go to state 3 in shartp.dlg

- there should be something like 'Global("IWasKickedOut","LOCALS",1)' in the upper trigger window

- click on the icon before the Trigger, so you can edit that trigger

- add a third line containing "False()" (without quotes)

- update, save (overwrite) and try ingame

Sorry, folks... I'm kind of watching this in the hope that someone else solves the problem in the time between now and me having spare minutes to bugfix.

I'll confess that the BGT NPC management was copied verbatim from the old SCSBGT mod, so I'm a little hazy on exactly how it interfaces with the rest of the game. But I will have a look at the problem when I have a chance.

The trigger is okay, I guess.

Okay lets take a closer look. I used WeiDU for creating the .d file (weidu shartp.dlg).

There are two states with the same trigger in shartp.dlg. I'm not that familiar with dialogue files, so someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

My guess is, that the first is preventing the second from triggering. (Whatever comes first (unweighted) gets executed.)

I wonder how I was able to send her to an inn :)

Maybe my memory has failed.

As a workaround, you could add a third line to the trigger of state 3 (in Near Infinity) that prevents this from triggering.

So (beware, another lousy instruction):

- go to state 3 in shartp.dlg

- there should be something like 'Global("IWasKickedOut","LOCALS",1)' in the upper trigger window

- click on the icon before the Trigger, so you can edit that trigger

- add a third line containing "False()" (without quotes)

- update, save (overwrite) and try ingame

Doing that made it work. could send shar-teel anywhere by now. thanks.

What is that npcmanag.d file? I couldn't edit that file at all, although just doing the sugestion of adding the line false() on the triger window worke perfectly.

Archived