Shar-teel and NPC management.

Hi, people.

Well, I've installed SCS for BGTrilogy. I installed almost it's components, but the one that interested me the most was the NPC management.

Well, I was already playing the game when I installed it, and I had all my NPCs in one place.

Now with the mod, I sent all of them to Friendly arm's inn.

But shar-teel does not have the options to send her anywhere. She has only the original otions: To stay at the place she was, Or to re-join the party.

No other option to send her to any inns.

Is this a bug? Is this supposed to be that way? is this because I've installed the mod AFTER I had the game in chapter 5/6? And what would be a possible solution?

Well, sorry for to many questions, and thanks in advance.

hmmm, people? no hints?

well, I did something: I created another shar-teel with CLUA. I talked to her as if it were teh first time. Fought her and defeated her, making she able to join the party.

Even that way, she didn't had the options. only stay put, or rejoin.

She's the only joinable character so far to have this issue.

If you installed the mod after you'd already met Shar-Teel, then that's likely the problem.

Since this is a dialogue issue, I'm not so sure about it. (I always thought, the game has only a pointer to the dialogue in the creature file [which is in the savegame].)

But he also tried to CLUA in a new creature so this shouldn't matter anyway.

No idea what is happening there. If you are familiar with Near Infinity or any other IE editing tool, try to check her dialogue file.

well, the dialogue options are in the file... just as in other npcs .dlg.

what should i do?

I guess wait until DavidW has a chance to look at this. Might be some sort of disparity between the Tutu and BGT versions. Offhand, I couldn't see anything wrong with the Tutu code, except for a couple mainly cosmetic things I've previously noted.

Edit: Hmm, I was wondering though, whether there's some sort of initial condition in Shar-Teel's dialogue that's preventing this from ever triggering, like maybe the "make Shar-Teel invincible" thing. If she has the "send to inn" block in her dialogue, and she's the only NPC it doesn't work for, it's a possibility.

Well, I have a similar setup with BGT + SCS and also installed the Shar-Teel invincible component. (At least I thought so, must check tomorrow.)

I had no problems sending Shar-Teel to an inn.

Maybe you can post the response trigger for sending her to the Friendly Arms Inn, but I guess it won't give us any hints.

Well, I have a similar setup with BGT + SCS and also installed the Shar-Teel invincible component. (At least I thought so, must check tomorrow.)

Maybe you can post the response trigger for sending her to the Friendly Arms Inn, but I guess it won't give us any hints.

how do i do that?

how do i do that?

that was me.

anyway, considering the component "make shar-teel invincible", I noticed that it's part of both BG1NPC and SCS.

are they the same component? I mean, the code, and script, because both have the same effect.

I have the BG1NPC version of "making shar-teel invincible".

I'll try it later.

how do i do that?

Go to shartp.dlg and find the state where all the "send-to-inn" responses are. (Its state 6 in my current installation. In Near Infinity, you can browse through the states with the left arrow pair at the bottom.)

Then you select the Friendly Arms Inn response. (with the arrows next to the state arrow pair)

There are two little "windows" named Trigger and Actions. Upon selecting the FAI response something should show up in the trigger window. Just copy that and post it here.

(I'm not good at explaining these things, so I apologize if I somehow confused you.)

how do i do that?

Go to shartp.dlg and find the state where all the "send-to-inn" responses are. (Its state 6 in my current installation. In Near Infinity, you can browse through the states with the left arrow pair at the bottom.)

Then you select the Friendly Arms Inn response. (with the arrows next to the state arrow pair)

There are two little "windows" named Trigger and Actions. Upon selecting the FAI response something should show up in the trigger window. Just copy that and post it here.

(I'm not good at explaining these things, so I apologize if I somehow confused you.)

hmmm... yes, i got a little confused... :)

but found what you asked:

Global("EnteredArmInn","GLOBAL",1)

!Global("IslandTravel","GLOBAL",1)

!Global("Teth","GLOBAL",1)

!Global("Teth","GLOBAL",2)

!AreaCheck("AR4100")

!AreaCheck("AR4101")

!AreaCheck("AR4102")

!AreaCheck("ARD006")

!AreaCheck("ARD007")

!AreaCheck("ARD008")

!AreaCheck("ARD009")