A "small" delay

Barren Fischa

Well... I got home earlier today and started my computer and tried to check my mail, but after the page had loaded it just went blank. Now that's weird, I thought. Better check the cache, or something.

(When I don't know what's going on, I like to arbitrarily use the few computer terms that I know. It helps me maintain the illusion of control)

That could be in the system folder, right? Umm... wait a minute.... last time I checked, it didn't say "no objects in this folder", did it? And what's this about 3.98 GB free? I thought that was about all the space there was on this drive...

Umm... yeah. Disk crash (and strange stream of consciousness-like writing, but that's completely normal for me). I'm trying to fix it, but in combination with the dreaded real life, I'm afraid this has put mod writing way down on the imaginary "to do"-list. I'll still be here every now and then, and if I happen to have some time to spare, I might even do some work, but don't be surprised if things seem a bit slow...

JPS

Well, the real problem was that I thought I had lost a couple of linguistics essays, which would have meant that I'd had to spend the next two weeks rewriting them. But it turned out not to be as bad as it looked ? once I got over the initial shock I managed to restore all the lost files. I just have to get the operating system running again.

So.... ummm.... I feel a bit stupid for making it sound so serious now, but anyway... just give me a couple of days and I'll be with you again.

JPS

I have to add my apologies to those of JPS for not being around much the past few days... unfortunately my daughter has been rather ill and I have had to be on 24-7 baby watch. But she is better now, so I will get back to dialogue writing asap. Sorry again!

Oh yeah, question - does HD believe in the gods? I mean, is here anyone he makes vows by and such?

Well, in my class specific dialogue for clerics I assume that he doesn't revere any particular god. Since he comes from Sigil, where the gods are kept out more or less by force, he wouldn't exactly have had any previous religious experience...

That doesn't mean that he doesn't believe they exist, of course. They give spells to clerics, help their followers and sometimes step down on earth and walk around for a while, so anyone who wanted to maintain that they don't exist at all would have to spend a lot of time looking the other way. With his background, though, he would se them as "powers" rather than gods, and wouldn't see any particular reason to follow them or revere them.

Hmm... perhaps this should really have gone in the development foum, but let's leave it here anyway to show everybody how much attention we pay to details... :D

JPS

And I haven,t been around because nobody's been around for a while, so I apologize too  :D

By the way, I think I have found another place HD should have dialog. Aesgereth, the gambling Cambion in WK, got his deck of many things from the same guy who sent the bounty hunters about Raelis...

Well, I just reinstalled the operating system and everything seems to work, so I'm now officially back in business. I managed to save all the files that were lying on the desktop at the time of the crash, and since I'm lazy and unorganized, most of my files were lying on the desktop... In the end, it seems like the only things I lost were a couple of old pdf:s and an extensive collection of bookmarks.

So if I'm absent from now on, it's only for natural reasons...

JPS

Well, I just reinstalled the operating system and everything seems to work, so I'm now officially back in business. I managed to save all the files that were lying on the desktop at the time of the crash, and since I'm lazy and unorganized, most of my files were lying on the desktop... In the end, it seems like the only things I lost were a couple of old pdf:s and an extensive collection of bookmarks.

So if I'm absent from now on, it's only for natural reasons...

JPS

thats good to hear :D you nearly gave me a heart-attack cos of this :D:D

Yeah, well, it would of course look better if I had actually started to do things again after I announced that I'd be back...

I'm currently in the process of finishing three university courses, so I'm a little busy. Expect me back next week.

Oh, and we are doing things in the workshop forum even if we're not very active here. Or at least we're talking about doing things, which is almost the same thing at this stage.

JPS

Progress report - apart from brain drain factor, I have a few dialogues coming along nicely and they should be ready soon. I know I said that a couple of days ago, but having a baby daughter who has decided to get CHICKEN POX! AARGH! has put things on hold a little. Lucky I have had them before so I am not likely to get them again....

Archived