completely lost

Guest Lothis

Let me start by saying that I am completely new to this. This is my first attempt at creating a mod. I'm trying to create a kit that uses the rules from the AD&D Complete Book of Elves for Bladesinger and Dark Elves and combine them into one kit. It is actually the first part of an NPC I'm trying to create, but for now I'm focusing on just the kit. I've been looking around for hours to find the information I'm looking for and I just can't find it.

I've got the ADD_KIT command down. That much was simple. I'm at the point where I'm trying to set abilities for the kit.

I've started out making it a fighter kit, and once in game it adds the mage multiclass. I believe the code should be:

IF
Global("multypart1a","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ChangeClass(Myself,FIGHTER_MAGE)
	SetGlobal("multypart1a","LOCALS",1)
END

and placed in a BAF file, which the tp2 uses a COMPILE command for.

Beyond this, I'm completely lost. I have no idea how to set the AC bonus (Level/2[rounded down]+1) or the THAC0 and Damage +1. I have a feeling that the formula of Level/2+1 is impossible and I'll have to just manually apply it to be AC bonus +1 at level 1, 2, 4, 6, etc. all the way up to level 20 (at which point i'll have to look up epic level rules for bladesinger). I have a feeling that on the same note, for the Dark Elf side of things, I will need to put the 2% MR increment at each level past 1 and a 50% MR at level 1.

I also would like to have it where "Drow" appears right above your alignment, like it does with the sub race mod. While I'm at that, I would like to create an effect of day blindness (-2 dex, -2 attack in daylight) and drop party reputation as well as create the innates, dancing lights, faerie fire, and darkness. Again, I don't even know where to begin.

Finally, I would like to make it so that once a wepon is specialized in, that no other weapon can receive more than one star. I have a feeling that the hard coding will limit this to being only able to specialize at the start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Even though I haven't gotten a response, here's an update. Hopefully it will make things easier.

First of all, after looking more extensively at this bladesinger kit I downloaded from somewhere, I've decided the THAC0, damage, AC, and MR bonuses will be simple to do - that is after I figure out how to add them in the first place. What I will do is just set it so that at level one, this kit gives THAC0, Damage, and AC bonus of 1 along with MR of 50%. Then at level 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16,18, and 20 I'll set it to give AC +1 again. As for MR, I'll set it to add 2% at level 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 until it reaches its maximum at 80%. That's fine and well, now I just need to find a tutorial on how to go about setting these abilities to these levels. Is there a tutorial out there on how to set up abilities like this for the totally incompetent like myself?

As for the day blindness effects, the innate spell-like abilities, the reputation loss, and the title change from elf to drow, I'm as lost as can be.

As for this being a fighter kit that makes you a mage multiclass once your character is created, I've been unsuccessful. That code is the exact same as the one present in my generic bladesinger kit I have, and to me it doesn't appear to have anything specific to a file for that kit, but nonetheless, it does not work with my kit.

As for the proficiency issue, I've come up with a solution. This is a rather easy solution too. This is to be a Bladesinger of Eilistraee so the easiest solution is to say "Why would a Bladesinger of Eilistraee use anything other than Eilistraee's favored weapon?" Therefore I will simply adjust the proficiencies to allow grand mastery in the Bastard Sword (Eilistraee's chosen weapon according the 3rd Edition, although IIRC it was Long Sword and Rapier in 2nd Edition so I make it Long Sword instead.), 3 stars in 1 weapon style and 1 star in everything else that is a 1 handed melee weapon.

Aside from those basics for the kit, I want to do somethings that I'm unsure I'll be able to do. One thing is I would like to make it so this kit can cast spells in hide, leather, and studded leather (and their magical counterparts) in addition to drow/elven chain, I have a feeling this is a hard coded limitation though.

I would also like to make it so that they do not receive the +1 attack bonus with bows that elves normally get. While I'm on that, if that one is possible then so, too, should it be possible to give a -2 attack while wearing anything heavier than studded leather or elven chain.

Finally, what I wish to do with this kit is make it so they can not use shields or two-handed weapons. I realize that I need to use a pre-existing equipment restriction list to do this or else run the risk of screwing up another class's restrictions. The problem here is that I have no idea what the codes are for each restriction.

I really am lost. I hope someone can help me with this.

Archived