Tweakpack bug!

Guest Simon

Guest Simon

Okay so I installed the BG II tweak pack and now everything bugs.

I first installed the Kivan mod and then the Fixpack. I played through SoA and then I installed ToB followed by the Tweakpack and now the game is bugging in a semi-funny and really weird way I have never experienced before.

First of all, the neclace that the elf queen gave me after I killed Irenicus in the Nine Hells is now called "Er... Kivan, it's me, [charname]. You were having a bad dream, and... I th" and the description says "Of course! I adore such things. I have a collection, you know!"

Okay so that is weird but I could live with that. On top of that all the area seem to be fragments from conversations with Kivan as well (Some place is called "Friends. I will have Irenicus' heart for this.".

The biggest bug is when I try to activate the head on the first map. It seems to work at first, initiated dialogue and stuff but it only comes with one sentence which is :"I will not have you foul yourself with...". When I click continue there's no further dialogue until I can press the End Dialogue button. The I am teleported to that "arena"-kind of place where I'm supposed to fight someone according to a walkthrough but nothing happens (it seems the trigger is broken).

There is also a problem when I start the game. Where I am supposed to choose which game I want to play (soa or tob) the button is just blank. And the box that pops up when you start ToB is also empty.

I'd really appreciate any help you could give me as it's really, really annoying.

Thank you in advance, Simon.

All that about strange messages and wrong names is not really a bug of course, but just a result of your strange installation orders that have messed up the dialogue file. I think that all you can do is uninstall every thing and then re-install it in the right order: SoA -> ToB -> (patch?) - > FixPack -> mods -> etc, etc.

(waits for smarter people to explain better :) )

Guest Guest

I have now reinstalled the games and the mods in the (supposedly) correct order but it seems something is still wrong.

I copied the saved games before I uninstalled the game but Kivans dialogue is now fragments from Cespenar's dialogue and Daheriana (is that the right name?) can't be brought back because she's either -dead or beyond reach-.

I don't have any response options to Sarevok the first time you meet him in hell either...

Is it possible that my little adventure has corrupted the save-game files?

Guest Simon

My safe-game file has apparently been messed up.

So my next question is if there is anything that can be done to recover that save game file?

So my next question is if there is anything that can be done to recover that save game file?
Not likely, unless you were hosed by the Bereghost (crash while entering or leaving Beregost), in which case you should be able to repair your game with Ascension64's crash fixer.

If that isn't applicable and your game is hopelessly screwed, you might at least be able to export your PC and import him into a new game.

Archived