Fix suggestion for Talos temple

Isaya

I would like to suggest a fix for AR0904, although it's a bit special and may not be suitable for the Fixpack.

I faced the problem with TDD long ago and recently noticed (through a bug report on Spellhold Studios) that the new WeiDU version didn't fix it. TDD adds some block at the end of the area script (to handle Baurian and the Banshee quest). In some cases, Baurian does not appear, so the quest is broken. The problem is not due to TDD code but to some block in the middle of the script. In practise, this bug can prevent any code added at the bottom of the area script to run.

The area script has the following block:

IF
Dead("talmiss")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ActionOverride("talmiss2",DestroySelf())
END

IF
Dead("talmiss2")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ActionOverride("talmiss",DestroySelf())
END

Talmiss and Talmiss2 refer to the two instances of Talos mistress: the sleepy one in the quest for Maevar and the normal one.

When working for Lathander (stronghold), you will typically kill everyone in the Talos temple. When you do, one of these conditions (I don't remember which one of talmiss or talmiss2 is the right one) will be matched permanently. The same will happen if you kill her while working for Maevar.

In SoA, the only code after these blocks are the one handling the ability to rest in the temple if you accept it as your stronghold. So the impact is usually unoticeable (unless, as a Talos priest, you kill the mistress while doing the Maevar quest, which could be a major reason why you would have problems in your own temple :) ).

The following code turned out to be efficient when I implemented it back then.

IF
Dead("talmiss")
Exists("talmiss2")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ActionOverride("talmiss2",DestroySelf())
END

IF
Dead("talmiss2")
Exists("talmiss")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ActionOverride("talmiss",DestroySelf())
END

Guest erik

So this ought to work?

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0904.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF