kidnapping help

Guest guest

Guest guest

ok well i was enjoying the mod so far, now i seem to be having some trouble.

amber was kidnapped, i found yrmmts house, unfortunately i killed lorraine which from what i can tell i wasnt supposed to do. then i went down and killed yrmmt himself, but now i have no idea what to do next. i thought amber was supposed to be in the house somewhere?

to make matters worse i have no thief since amber is gone, so i can't open all the doors/chests down there. i decided to go back and get yoshi, only to find those traps in yrmmt's bedroom seem to be unfindable. yoshi has 100 in find traps and i can't locate any of them so everytime i walk through i get peppered with arrows.

why is everything in yrmmt's basement so hard to open? yoshimo isn't good enough to open any of them, i boosted my main char's strength to 25 with barbarian rage and duhm, and i still can't force them open.

is there stuff down there i need to get? in which case i'll need to go back to the city, buy a heap of thieving potions for yoshi to boost him just to get them open.

amber was kidnapped, i found yrmmts house, unfortunately i killed lorraine which from what i can tell i wasnt supposed to do. then i went down and killed yrmmt himself, but now i have no idea what to do next. i thought amber was supposed to be in the house somewhere?

to make matters worse i have no thief since amber is gone, so i can't open all the doors/chests down there. i decided to go back and get yoshi, only to find those traps in yrmmt's bedroom seem to be unfindable. yoshi has 100 in find traps and i can't locate any of them so everytime i walk through i get peppered with arrows.

why is everything in yrmmt's basement so hard to open? yoshimo isn't good enough to open any of them, i boosted my main char's strength to 25 with barbarian rage and duhm, and i still can't force them open.

is there stuff down there i need to get? in which case i'll need to go back to the city, buy a heap of thieving potions for yoshi to boost him just to get them open.

Your PC if free to kill Lorraine should he / she wishes to. The locks around house are hard to open, but not impossible and if you have a arcane spell caster with knock spell opening them is a trivial feat. However, you don't need anything from the laboratory, it's just loot.

Are you sure that you have explored all of the house? Did you notice the stairs in the laboratory? :thumbsup:

Guest Guest

Your PC if free to kill Lorraine should he / she wishes to. The locks around house are hard to open, but not impossible and if you have a arcane spell caster with knock spell opening them is a trivial feat. However, you don't need anything from the laboratory, it's just loot.

Are you sure that you have explored all of the house? Did you notice the stairs in the laboratory? :(

I went up the stairs and stilll dont see her

I went up the stairs and stilll dont see her

What do you see in the room upstairs? Move your mouse cursor over the screen and take a careful look at the scenery. Do you see anything out of ordinary? :(

Guest N3rull

Lad... I hope they made good walkthroughs for this game. You're gonna be passing through Bodhi's playground with them in hand, cause I can't see you making up the answers to the riddles there.

When I saw the room for the first time I didn't notice the window, but the words "S**t, I knew it" sprung to my mind.

Lad... I hope they made good walkthroughs for this game. You're gonna be passing through Bodhi's playground with them in hand, cause I can't see you making up the answers to the riddles there.

When I saw the room for the first time I didn't notice the window, but the words "S**t, I knew it" sprung to my mind.

I guess it's more down to that people don't necessary expect mods to be as "solid" as the original game. If the next step on the journey isn't immediately obvious they rather assume that its a bug instead of taking a closer look.

Guest The other guest.

well, to be fair I didn't notice the staircase at first either (thought is was the way I came in) but by the time I did got up the stairs I was looting everything anyway so the next part was kinda hard to miss.

Guest Guest
I guess it's more down to that people don't necessary expect mods to be as "solid" as the original game. If the next step on the journey isn't immediately obvious they rather assume that its a bug instead of taking a closer look.

I found but two things that I can call "not solid". First is that when you fight lorraine for the first time, you can go back to the city and she will follow you there, but if you use the map again, she will not. Thus once you tak her outta the "Ymmyrt Street", she is bound to stay out. It would not truble me, but once she is out of that special street, she will not initiate her "oh please have mercy stranger" talk and you gotta slay her. And she's a tough one to slay, too - drinking potions and casting heals like a machinegun.

The second thing is the talk that Amber initiated with my second char just a minute ago. The one about "after all that you came through, are you still happy?". Maybe it is bound to make her angry with my character (is it?) as a part of a bigger plan that might lead to a "lived happily ever after" ending. I dunno yet. But that conversation was one of the few that really mocked my role-playing feeling by taking away the first, second and all possible answers suitable for my character and his relationshiop with amber that I could think of. :(

All in all, this mod rocks so far. Amber has so much more... balls :D than Saerileth.

I found but two things that I can call "not solid". First is that when you fight lorraine for the first time, you can go back to the city and she will follow you there, but if you use the map again, she will not. Thus once you tak her outta the "Ymmyrt Street", she is bound to stay out. It would not truble me, but once she is out of that special street, she will not initiate her "oh please have mercy stranger" talk and you gotta slay her. And she's a tough one to slay, too - drinking potions and casting heals like a machinegun.

I'll see if I recreate that situation. She should not follow you back to main streets of Athkatla. After all, she's supposed to guards the house! :D

The second thing is the talk that Amber initiated with my second char just a minute ago. The one about "after all that you came through, are you still happy?". Maybe it is bound to make her angry with my character (is it?) as a part of a bigger plan that might lead to a "lived happily ever after" ending. I dunno yet. But that conversation was one of the few that really mocked my role-playing feeling by taking away the first, second and all possible answers suitable for my character and his relationshiop with amber that I could think of. :(

Yes, that conversation will make her angry no matter what your PC says. (Women! :borg:) The situation will resolve eventually (It will test you characters patience, though :party:).

I guess the 'fight lovetalk' is a bit of a standard in many NPC romances. Does it have to be, can of course be debated. :D Talks that have such hardset ending are challenging to write (and thus I try to avoid them). In this case while the PC should have a wide variety of reply options to choose from, the NPC should still be able to find something negative about them, without seeming completely loony or stupid. The player2 has additional challenge of being - unlike the protagonist - 'undefined' and that's why the Player2's reply options are sometimes forced to be a bit vague. Thanks for the feedback, though, it's always appreciated. :band:

Guest N3rull

I see your point. I got over this little madness already, my Sorcerer "kissed and made *up*" with Amber.

And it did not test my patience by any means - my girflriend is so much like Amber during this little fight, having Amber pissed off like that felt almost like home :D The thing is that, at home, I resolve such rows quickly with appropriate words and arguments. Having no appropriate arguments to choose from in such a familiar situation felt very odd :(

I'm very fond of the Amber mod so far, good job :D

I have no experience in modding BG2, but should there be some programming-noob-friendly work to be done on the way to TOB support for Amber, I'd be glad to help.

Guest Guest

Ok, after I posted I went back and saw what I missed the first time. It figures that it would work out like that. I did think the mod was bugged when I went up there and didnt see her but it turned out it was working just fine. Thanks for writing back and for making a great mod.

I have no experience in modding BG2, but should there be some programming-noob-friendly work to be done on the way to TOB support for Amber, I'd be glad to help.

Giving feedback is really the best way a player can help. :(

Guest Gromm

Hello everyone (I do hope someone is still alive here despite the absence of new posts :) )

I haven't played BG II for a year+ but as far as I remember, the last time that I had Amber in my party I believe she droped a map or something like that and after she was kidnaped (? :) ). Now she's gone again and I have no clue where to start looking for her :D

I understan this sounds kinda childish but could someone give me a hint, please? :)

Hello everyone (I do hope someone is still alive here despite the absence of new posts :D )

I haven't played BG II for a year+ but as far as I remember, the last time that I had Amber in my party I believe she droped a map or something like that and after she was kidnaped (? :) ). Now she's gone again and I have no clue where to start looking for her :)

I understan this sounds kinda childish but could someone give me a hint, please? :)

Your other party members should have given you a hint or their personal opinion on who took Amber right after she was taken.

I'll give you Anomen's clue:

~What arrogance! That witch of a woman has some guts to sneak upon us and leave her henchmen to do her dirty work while sweeping away with her prize like a petty thief. I might not fully agree with your decision to keep Amber's company, but an insult like this should not be overlooked.~

=

~The slavers of Athkatla, that the Order has fought to destroy, are known to deal with exotic merchandise... You are likely to find these slavers among their kinsmen: robbers, snitches and other lowlife scum.~

If that doesn't help feel free to ask again and I'll direct you to the right path.

Archived