Is it possible to let Monks put points in detect illusion?

slickrcbd

While Monks can Find Traps, they can't disarm them, making the find traps feature almost useless. Given that Monks value awareness of the surroundings and perception, with Wisdom being a prime stat, I'd think that they should be able to detect illusions. It would also be a more useful use for my skill points. Is there any way to allow me to put my monk's "thief" points into detect illusion in addition to Find Traps, move silently, and hide in the shadows short of using Shadowkeeper? I'm not even sure if Shadowkeeper would work as I haven't had the best of luck letting Bards open locks (just tried it for the heck of it).

What files would I edit?

I think this is hardcoded. Even if you did assign the points via Shadowkeeper or whatever, you'd probably have to run a custom script to get it to work, since the monk won't have the right buttons to use the skill (also hardcoded).

I think this is hardcoded. Even if you did assign the points via Shadowkeeper or whatever, you'd probably have to run a custom script to get it to work, since the monk won't have the right buttons to use the skill (also hardcoded).

Monks have the "find traps" button, that Imoen in the tutorial says is also used to detect illusions. That's what made me think it was possible. Try playing the tutorial again and you'll see what I'm talking about. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to get to that point when Imoen appears.

However, Bards have the "thievery" button, but even after using ShadowKeeper they can't open the first locked box in Irenicus's dungeon. Nor can they disarm the trap that protects the daggger+1. That's the extent of my testing, as it was just a whim done in part because it's easier to get to a point where you can disarm traps or open locks than it is to detect illusions. Less risk of being killed before you can successfully determine a test as well.

Guest EarthquakeDamage

I've had illusion detecting monks before (SK FTW). It works.

While you can't add points to DI from within the game, just pay attention to how many you get to distribute, put them in any skill, save, then load up SK to swap those points from the other skill to DI.

Archived