BGII custom .cre as racial enemy, or no?

ericp07

On a related note, Hinaeariel's scimitar is supposed to have a bonus to hit Malarites, and a bonus to damage against them. So, I added the THAC0 vs. Type and Damage vs. Type to the item, both Instant/while equipped, but in the THAC0 vs. Type effect, I didn't see a field where I could assign the amount of the bonus (which should be 2). So, I'm guessing that I set this up incorrectly. I did see where I could assign the number and type of dice for the damage bonus, so I entered those where appropriate.
As stated, both of these require external EFFs (the bonus is defined in the Parameter 3 field); you'll need to create separate EFFs and add Use EFF file effects to the weapon.
On a related note, Hinaeariel's scimitar is supposed to have a bonus to hit Malarites, and a bonus to damage against them. So, I added the THAC0 vs. Type and Damage vs. Type to the item, both Instant/while equipped, but in the THAC0 vs. Type effect, I didn't see a field where I could assign the amount of the bonus (which should be 2). So, I'm guessing that I set this up incorrectly. I did see where I could assign the number and type of dice for the damage bonus, so I entered those where appropriate.
As stated, both of these require external EFFs (the bonus is defined in the Parameter 3 field); you'll need to create separate EFFs and add Use EFF file effects to the weapon.

I had that sneaking suspicion, after the work I just did. Too bad there's not a "built-in" or "universal" EFF for this. Not a problem, I'll do what I did before. At least I have what I've already done as a point of reference :suspect:

Thanks!

Eric

I think this is all taken care of now. I have an .EFF file for the increased critical effect on Hinaeariel's axe, and another for the extra damage vs. Malarites on her scimitar. I've placed both files in a folder called EFF in her mod folder, and in the .tp2, below the COPY line for each weapon file, I've included a COPY line for the associated .EFF file. Is this correct?

Now I'm tempted to give the scimitar (and possibly the axe as well) a glowing color, and I think I saw where to adjust red/green/blue values in order to do so. Is this a simple procedure? Anything special and not intuitive I should be aware of before attempting this? I'd like the scimitar's blade to radiate a "magical glow" that's constant, not pulsing, if possible in a forest green, as I think that would be appropriate. If I give the axe such a glow, it will be more an azure shade. I feel like just going ahead and playing with this, but I want to be prepared for any strangeness.

Thanks,

Eric

Yeah, just copy the EFFs over whenever you feel like it.

You want color glow solid. Be prepared to spend some time with it, though; it's tricky to get the colors and locations "just right."

Heh, that figures :suspect: It appears so simple in NI; the options are right there in the .ITM's fields, and they beckon me...at this point, I feel the really tricky part will be to find the right shades, but I've got enough color tools to get a good RGB mix, I think. That's assuming a 0 - 255 range for each color value.

Here goes nothing!

Eric

Archived