BiG World Project

v5 fails to install with BiG World Project.

I get the following error:

Output file is scsII/dragon/ssl_out/draggree.baf 
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 7 scripts ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 13 files ...
ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset -1 of 1656-byte file hdragsil.cre
ERROR: [hdragsil.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("hdragsil.cre: read out of bounds"))

and...

ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset -1 of 1420-byte file TOMEGOL4.CRE
ERROR: [TOMEGOL4.CRE] -> [override/TOMEGOL4.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("TOMEGOL4.CRE: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved minor encounters [almost no content yet]], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 110 files for [SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 410.
Uninstalled	110 files for [SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 410.
ERROR: Failure("TOMEGOL4.CRE: read out of bounds")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG to xyz
Automatically Skipping [Improved minor encounters [almost no content yet]] because of error.
Using Language [English]

I'd be happy to send someone my Weidu.log if it helps. Is there a chance I can download v4? That is supposedly compatible with BiG World, and I'd love to play with this mod.

Thanks!

I can't give you a copy of v4 (more because I didn't keep one than on principle. I can probably diagnose your problems, though:

- the first error is a clash between my "improved dragons" and the "revised hell trials" component of Quest Pack. The file "hdragsil.cre" in the override directory is slightly corrupted (not in a way that causes problems for QP itself) and SCS II chokes on it. I'm surprised if this wasn't a problem in v4 as well, though.

- the second is happening because something in your install is creating a corrupted golem file "override/tomegol4.cre", which is choking the component in SCS II that grants golems immunity to Lower Resistance. This probably is new in v5, iirc.

You can work around both problems by removing the relevant file from your override before installing SCSII, and putting them back afterwards. Alternatively, v6 of SCS II will solve both problems (probably...) and should be out in a few days.

Archived