slightly improved drow

Guest guet

Guest guet

Just wondering if this would work ok with qp, as that adds some abilities to drow.

I#m guessing it does work, but will it make them even more impossible than the readme says they become with this installed...i mean, they get things like dancing lights or whatever

Just wondering if this would work ok with qp, as that adds some abilities to drow.

I#m guessing it does work, but will it make them even more impossible than the readme says they become with this installed...i mean, they get things like dancing lights or whatever

Well, I don't mess with drow combat scripts in that component, so probably. No promises though.

(Actually, come to think of it I think SCS overwrites QP drow innates anyway.)

Just finished the Underdark bit and can confirm this component overwrites the QP one.

I want to add that I didn't like it much, must have been because I started a new game with the v6 after many months or not playing bg2 so was trying to roleplay a bit, with a good alligned party and not much munchin/metagaming.

The ambushes were fine; cannot give you feedback about the noble houses and the lich because for rp reasons I didn't accept the aboleth/jarlaxxe quests; the Lesonar(sp?) priest of Ghaunadaur starts with a blue circle and doesn't start a dialogue.

What irked me was the part about leaving the drow city: the alarm sounds way too fast ( I collected the matron loot, hasted the party, and by the time I was outside the temple I had to fight the first enemy waves ), and the map design makes it impossible to avoid them and run to the exit withouth ending stuck.

There was lot of lag even with a good computer after so many spawns, so I tried to use the CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWDrowCityLite","GLOBAL",2): alarm sounds way too fast but the first spawn was menageable; while fighting, I noticed some lag every 5-6 seconds ( I play a lot with the space bar pause, no idea if that messes up with the timers ), like some enemies were spawned, but they were not in line of sight.

By the time I reach the drow tavern, having fought only one patrol, I realized what that lag was caused by: there were 100+ drows on my screen, and more hidden by fog of war; whole area between tavern and exit must have been filled with drows, well, it was funny. The single lvl 7 cleric spell my party had, a fire storm, did a good job at softening that mess but when the remaining casters started to autobuff and use triggers the lag made it unplayabe.

I had to disinstall this component; from the readme:

Notably, it also dramatically beefs up the defences of Ust Natha. The place is a drow city, not the kind of place that even a 15th level adventuring party should be able to wipe out.
with this in mind, I was planning to leave the city before the timer expires or ignoring the patrols, but if the fight is unavoidable I'll give it a shot with a soloer or a duo with more xp and a better suited spellbook.

Okay, so if that's people's general impressions, it's clearly too extreme. My own playtest seemed fine, but I did make sure I mostly ran, and only fought when I had to. I'd like to get a few more datapoints before making changes, though.

Okay, so if that's people's general impressions, it's clearly too extreme. My own playtest seemed fine, but I did make sure I mostly ran, and only fought when I had to. I'd like to get a few more datapoints before making changes, though.

Okay, I've checked this out, and it's a bug - something that crept in late (it's related to the lesser demon lord in ways you don't want to know about.)

Hotfix attached: unzip, drop into scsii/drow, reinstall that component. But it's problematic enough that I'll bring forward the release of v7.

drow_hotfix.zip

Archived