scs and scs2 overlapping components

For the benefit of Baldur's Gate: Trilogy players, SCS and SCS II are designed to be fully compatible. Install SCS first, then SCS II. BGT players who want to use BG2-style spellcasting (sequencers, Remove Magic, Unholy Blight) right through the trilogy might want to experiment in not installing the SCS mage and priest AI, in which case the SCS II AI will apply to all spellcasters, even the BG ones. This is currently untested, though.

this covers mages and priests AI, but there are more similar components:

Smarter general AI

Better calls for help

Potions for NPCs

Improved Spiders

Are they overwritten by scs2 when installed after scs, or do I need to install first part as well as second for BGT?

And one more question: I know scs modifies only creatures who aren't touched by other mods yet. Supposedly I want to force it to change all scripts in my game. What do I have to correct in .tp2?

For the benefit of Baldur's Gate: Trilogy players, SCS and SCS II are designed to be fully compatible. Install SCS first, then SCS II. BGT players who want to use BG2-style spellcasting (sequencers, Remove Magic, Unholy Blight) right through the trilogy might want to experiment in not installing the SCS mage and priest AI, in which case the SCS II AI will apply to all spellcasters, even the BG ones. This is currently untested, though.

this covers mages and priests AI, but there are more similar components:

Smarter general AI

Better calls for help

Potions for NPCs

Improved Spiders

Are they overwritten by scs2 when installed after scs, or do I need to install first part as well as second for BGT?

Install both. SCS2 AI will function sub-optimally in the BG1 part of BGT.

And one more question: I know scs modifies only creatures who aren't touched by other mods yet. Supposedly I want to force it to change all scripts in my game. What do I have to correct in .tp2?

You're slightly misunderstanding. SCS2 (and, basically SCS1 too) modifies vanilla scripts, and then potentially modifies any creature - mod-altered or otherwise - using those vanilla scripts. It doesn't modify other mods' scripts, nor does it modify creature files of creatures using only non-vanilla scripts. There's no general answer to the question of how you could get SCS2 AI to overwrite other mods' custom scripts.

Install both. SCS2 AI will function sub-optimally in the BG1 part of BGT.

understood.

You're slightly misunderstanding. SCS2 (and, basically SCS1 too) modifies vanilla scripts, and then potentially modifies any creature - mod-altered or otherwise - using those vanilla scripts. It doesn't modify other mods' scripts, nor does it modify creature files of creatures using only non-vanilla scripts. There's no general answer to the question of how you could get SCS2 AI to overwrite other mods' custom scripts.

ah, I see. Thanks for clarification.

Archived