Installation Order and Mod compatiblity

Guest -Anonymous-

Guest -Anonymous-

Okay, everyone's least favorite -Anonymous- poster, the one who thinks BG2 Angelo isn't BG1 Angelo but loves the mod anyway, whose computer died, is back.

I've got new computer, I've got SOA/TOB discs, am waiting on BG1 discs (because I want to play the complete saga again, and last time my TOTSC disc was messed up.)

I know there's some sort of patch or other I have to download from the Bioware site; if someone provides a direct link instead of making me hunt through the Amber forums to find it again I'd be grateful. Now, here's the main concern.

I was, and am, a big fan of NPC mods. And I want to have at least one other mod running with Angelo; another man's man, though much less intelligent and much more crude. Fellow by the name of Willie Bruce. Specifically this version of him: http://www.gilalion.com/williebrucemod.htm

Now, I tried to have this guy on at the same time as Amber, back when I had her on the team too. Trouble was when I tried to pick him up he started spouting Amber dialogue. I wonder if that might be bevause Amber was WEIDU and this guy maybe wasn't, and Willie was installed first?

So are these mods compatible, and if so in what order do I have to install them. At this point I have nothing installed, not even plain-vanilla SOA. I am taking no chances and want to do this right.

Okay, everyone's least favorite -Anonymous- poster, the one who thinks BG2 Angelo isn't BG1 Angelo but loves the mod anyway, whose computer died, is back.

I've got new computer, I've got SOA/TOB discs, am waiting on BG1 discs (because I want to play the complete saga again, and last time my TOTSC disc was messed up.)

I know there's some sort of patch or other I have to download from the Bioware site; if someone provides a direct link instead of making me hunt through the Amber forums to find it again I'd be grateful. Now, here's the main concern.

BG1+TOTSC patch

SoA+ToB patch

Remember that you have to install the patch before you install any mods.

I also recommend the BG2 Fixpack mod. It will deal with a lot of bugs that are not fixed in the official patch. Install it after you have installed the official patch.

I was, and am, a big fan of NPC mods. And I want to have at least one other mod running with Angelo; another man's man, though much less intelligent and much more crude. Fellow by the name of Willie Bruce. Specifically this version of him: http://www.gilalion.com/williebrucemod.htm

Now, I tried to have this guy on at the same time as Amber, back when I had her on the team too. Trouble was when I tried to pick him up he started spouting Amber dialogue. I wonder if that might be bevause Amber was WEIDU and this guy maybe wasn't, and Willie was installed first?

So are these mods compatible, and if so in what order do I have to install them. At this point I have nothing installed, not even plain-vanilla SOA. I am taking no chances and want to do this right.

Amber, Angelo and Willie Bruce should all work together, they're all WeiDU mods. Characters sprouting wrong dialogue usually means that your dialog.tlk -file has been messed up, not that the mods wouldn't be compatible.

It's very important that when you install mods:

You don't have the game running at the same time.

You don't have any game editors, such as Shadowkeeper or Nearinfinity, running.

You let the mod's installation finish completely before starting to install the next one. This includes closing the install screen by hitting ENTER (like the program instructs).

Archived