Installation error on TotSC v1.3.5512

Guest Zauben

Guest Zauben

I attempted to install the widescreen mod on a DVD version of Baldur's Gate with TotSC and the official 5512 patch. I am using WeiDU v 20700 and get this error message:

ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/AREA110A.BIF] has file entries 0--14, cannot extract file at entry 15 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)

ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/AREA110A.BIF]: unable to extract file 15

I couldn't find any mention of this error in the common problems or readme posts. Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest Zauben

I have compared chitin.key and area110a.bif as read from 2 different CD sets and they are identical. Is there any other file(s) which could cause this error message?

Guest Zauben

The problem seems to be with AR1010.WED. I see that in widescreen.tp2 there is a line which says

ALLOW_MISSING ~ar1010.wed~

but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Here are a couple of -biff related commands with output:

$WeiDU --biff data\area110a.bif

[WeiDU] WeiDU version 20700

[./chitin.key] 159 BIFFs, 16694 resources

[./dialog.tlk] 24124 string entries

[WeiDU] Using scripting style "BG1"

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0601.TIS at index 1

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0601.WED at index 0

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0601HT.BMP at index 1

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0601LM.BMP at index 2

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0601SR.BMP at index 3

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0602.TIS at index 2

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0602.WED at index 4

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0602HT.BMP at index 5

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0602LM.BMP at index 6

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0602SR.BMP at index 7

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0603.TIS at index 3

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0603.WED at index 8

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0603HT.BMP at index 9

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0603LM.BMP at index 10

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0603SR.BMP at index 11

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0601.MOS at index 12

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0602.MOS at index 13

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR0603.MOS at index 14

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR1010.WED at index 15

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR1010HT.BMP at index 16

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR1010LM.BMP at index 17

[DATA\AREA110A.BIF] contains AR1010SR.BMP at index 18

$WeiDU --biff-get AR1010.WED

[WeiDU] WeiDU version 20700

[./chitin.key] 159 BIFFs, 16694 resources

[./dialog.tlk] 24124 string entries

[WeiDU] Using scripting style "BG1"

[./DATA/AREA110A.BIF] 1704460 bytes, 15 files, 3 tilesets

ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/AREA110A.BIF] has file entries 0--14, cannot extract file at entry 15 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)

[AR1010.WED] --biff-get error: Failure("invalid biff file entry")

Guest Zauben

the bigg,

I gave WeiDU-Linux-204.zip a try and it installed the widescreen mod without errors. This mod is absolutely awesome. I just wandered around the candlekeep area with a new character at a resolution of 1600 X 1200 and I am very impressed. Thank you for building widescreen.

Zauben

I am completely new to BG1 and IE. I just received the 4 in 1 Box Set from Amazon today. I patched TOTSC to v5512 and the version installed was v5508.

The previous post says that I must use WeiDu v2.04 to install this mod. I've downloaded the older version of WeiDu. Sadly, I have no idea how to use an older version of WeiDu as WeiDu is already bundled into the mod's setup.

I cannot fix this out despite having looked at WeiDu's very long read me.

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

...stop following instructions in two years old threads?

Well, I don't know how then to get WideScreen to run cleanly. I suppose the errors being reported will only impact one small area of the game. When I hit it, I guess I can just uninstall. Or perhaps, I will be playing with TuTu.

Still I though you might know of an easy fix for this problem?

Thanks.

...stop following instructions in two years old threads?
Well, I don't know how then to get WideScreen to run cleanly. I suppose the errors being reported will only impact one small area of the game. When I hit it, I guess I can just uninstall. Or perhaps, I will be playing with TuTu.

Still I though you might know of an easy fix for this problem?

Well, the answer is there... if you read it hard enough, and don't try to force your head through a wall... as the answer: includes downloading the latest version of the Widescreen mod, this, but first I would recommend that you go to the game directory and remove the "setup-widescreen.exe" -file and the "widescreen" directory, then if there's other setup-*modname*.exe's, move them out as well, after all they are the WeiDU.exe just renamed so that it takes orders from their own setup-*modname*.tp2 files ... (then download the above file), and start it and once you get that to work.

Try to get a better suited search engine for you to use or use it with less words, as you probably over estimate it's ability to give good advice at the current time... or go and read the six pinned threads on the Widescreen mods main forum.

Archived