widescreen v1 installed- entire image is flipped

Guest will_ssi

Guest will_ssi

hello, I installed the widescreen mod on a complete installation of bg2 tob v26498. I'm using 1440 x 900, windowed. When I start bg2 the entire screen is flipped and mirrored. So the image is upside down and moving my mouse left moves the cursor right, up is down etc.

I'm using XP Pro sp2 on a Dell E1405, dx9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) and my IGP is the Intel 945 Express. My display driver is from 2/15/08 and it is version 6.14.10.4926. I have used dx tweaker to force 2 buffers instead of 3. with and without it I still have the flippage.

I uninstalled the widescreen mod, went back to windowed 1024x768 without a problem. My enabled 2D & 3D options are: 3D animations, 3D acceleration and 32 bit textures. Disable vertex stuff is not enabled. My frame rate is nonstandard at 45.

1024x768 without the mod works fine.

1024x768 WITH the mod also works fine.

Only 1440 x 900 gives me the inversion problem. Any ideas what could be wrong? I'm going to try updating my display driver.

EDIT: Just for shits and giggles, I tried 1400 x 860 and it worked :fish:. I don't know if the problem comes from my laptop's bios trying to be 'smart' and adjusting itself for different resolutions (there are options for such things in the bios). But whatever, i guess this is more of a heads up about the issue than anything else. I'm cool with 1400 x 860.

Guest will_ssi
Can't quite help you if your drivers refuse to cooperate :)

I did update my drivers and disabled bios screen resizing things but it still does it. since I don't see the problem mentioned by anyone else I'm betting it is my drivers or laptop in general. It works great in 1439 x 899 though!

Guest Habix
Since I don't see the problem mentioned by anyone else I'm betting it is my drivers or laptop in general.
But you are not the only one. Wish the drivers would stop making those messes. :)

I´m the OP from the rev. thread.

Still having the same problem, newest driver, newest bios, 3D-disabled, nothing helps (Intel GM965->X3100). For test: same problem with another PC with Nvidia-Card.

Atm. i´m playing windowed in 1270 - 740 on my notebook. works fine but my wish is still playing fullscreen.

my IGP is the Intel 945 Express. My display driver is from 2/15/08 and it is version 6.14.10.4926.
Isn't this! the latest? As it might need to be the "Graphics Media Accelerator Driver". --And the driver date is 2/26/2008.

newest driver
These? And if nothing else helps, you should be able to turn the display settings with the NVidia Control Panel inside the regular Control Panel... I admit, it's a bad option, but one might want to try it, at least once.

PS, if something is still bothering you, and this didn't clear it, just write and... I try to reply.

Guest Lappy486

This is a problem with the Intel GM chipsets. I have the same problem, with Icewind Dale, but the advanced properties of the driver should have screen flipping hot keys (usually control-shift up arrow) to force the screen to proper orientation. It seems that certain Black Isle games trigger an automatic flip for some odd reason.

Archived