Nickademus Crash

Guest Deviija

Guest Deviija

I'm really, really enjoying this mod so much. The characters have a lot of life in them and make a fun party to watch during the game. It's why I'm even playing Icewind Dale. :laugh:

Now, I have the patch for the game and the NPC pack installed. Yet, everytime I try to go and wake up Nickademus in the Ice Temple, to talk to him for the first time, my game will stall and crash to desktop. I'm assuming that this may be a dialogue bug?

The first time I go to touch Nickademus he gives the 'ZzzzzZZzzzz' dialogue, then Val chips in with 'not everyone who is asleep is asleep' or somesuch. Journal updates. Then, about five seconds later, the game crashes out. Regardless of what I do or how I try to fiddle around.

In my party I have Jamael, Sal, Nord, Hildury, and Val. Been open/flirting both Sal and Jamael, if that helps any. :)

I'm not sure what else to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Can you give me your saved game, please, before the crash? Just on the of chance, shut down the flirts first for Salomeya, then for Jaemal. It could be that there is a bad exit on one of them and it keeps coming up for you.

Guest Guest_Deviija_*

I'd be happy to send you my save! It'll be with you within the hour (once I hop PCs). :)

In the save I'm sending, I have the party in Nick's room. Right before the crash (i.e. talking to him).

And I'll try to turn both romances off, too. I vaguely remember there's a way to start them back up via dialogue... or I may be hallucinating.

Guest Guest_Deviija_*

I just looked over what mods I have installed and I do have the Ease of Use mod for IWD2, and the Merchants one from Weimer. So just the patch, G3's Tweaks, EoU, and Merchants and the NPCs.

Here's the zipped save: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o10spl

I turned off the flirts and it ended up not crashing to desktop (partially) on my Vista laptop here, but just froze and wouldn't respond.

Thanks for the help. :)

Archived