Component: Better NPC management

Leomar

I've installed the BGT component "Better NPC management".

You can send them to the Friendly Arm inn, the Elfsong tavern in Baldur's Gate (from chapter 5), the Nashkel Inn (if you've been to Nashkel), or the Jovial Juggler in Beregost (if you've been to Beregost).

After Nashkell I can't send any NPC to the Nashkell Inn?!?

You can't send them there from Balduran's Isle, the Ice Island, the Candlekeep dungeons, the lower levels of Durlag's Tower, or the Gnoll Fortress.

One suggestion: Gnoll Fortress is not a good place to let NPCs there, because they can go back. Is not like Balduran's Isle or the Ice Island, where you can't leave the isles to get back. One additional minor reason is, that you catch up Dynaheir in the Gnoll Fortress and so you must leave one of your companions and let him there. I recommend for better NPC management that NPCs can go to inns if you are at the Gnoll Fortress, too.

Greetings Leomar

You can send them to the Friendly Arm inn, the Elfsong tavern in Baldur's Gate (from chapter 5), the Nashkel Inn (if you've been to Nashkel), or the Jovial Juggler in Beregost (if you've been to Beregost).

I'm confused: are you reporting a bug, or objecting to the way it's supposed to work? If it's a bug, can you clarify what the bug is?

You can't send them there from Balduran's Isle, the Ice Island, the Candlekeep dungeons, the lower levels of Durlag's Tower, or the Gnoll Fortress.

One suggestion: Gnoll Fortress is not a good place to let NPCs there, because they can go back. Is not like Balduran's Isle or the Ice Island, where you can't leave the isles to get back. One additional minor reason is, that you catch up Dynaheir in the Gnoll Fortress and so you must leave one of your companions and let him there. I recommend for better NPC management that NPCs can go to inns if you are at the Gnoll Fortress, too.

The reason I don't allow departure from the Gnoll Fortress is that it creates an unrealistic method of rescuing Dynaheir: have a thief sneak into her pit, recruit her into the party, then send her to an inn. It shares with the other areas the feature of having an area where (possibly, at any rate) you can't leave straightforwardly.

I'm confused: are you reporting a bug, or objecting to the way it's supposed to work? If it's a bug, can you clarify what the bug is?

I think, that is a bug. If I've leave after Nashkell a NPC and force talk with them, I've get the option to send the NPC to the Friendly Arm Inn or to Beregost, but not to Nashkell.

The reason I don't allow departure from the Gnoll Fortress is that it creates an unrealistic method of rescuing Dynaheir: have a thief sneak into her pit, recruit her into the party, then send her to an inn. It shares with the other areas the feature of having an area where (possibly, at any rate) you can't leave straightforwardly.

Wow, which gamer use this to cheat through the Gnoll Fortress? Nice trick, but I think there a many gamers out there, they don't come on this idea. What is with the normal gamers? They come to the Gnoll Fortress with a full party and fight through the gnolls. Free Dynaheir and take her in their group, because most gamers have none magician yet and want her and they must leave one companion for that. You can't send him back to an inn and that means, the gamers must travel the large distance to get the NPC back, if he wants to rejoin him later in the game.

In my opinion it would be nice, if the "Better NPC management" allow this at Gnoll Fortress, too, because this is the reason, why I install this component. If someone cheat with this component at Gnoll Fortress, then sould he do this, but the normal gamer wants a better NPC management.

Greetings Leomar

Guest Guest_Nal_*

So, why you don't just patch Dynaheir dialog to disallow the possibility of leaving area in Gnoll Forteress, and leave all other char the possibility to go to an inn from Gnoll Forteress.

Y'know, DW, I used to respect you for not being Sikret the police.

Ouch! That's harsh!

To me, or Sikret? :laugh:

I think I'm persuaded, though. I'll change it for v9. (I think I'm projecting my normal play style onto most people: I normally make sure I leave a gap in my party for Dynaheir with this kind of thing in mind, but then I normally sneak into and out of the Fortress.)

Archived