PS:T widescreen issue on Linux

Guest vegandalf

Guest Papa Gebs
I'm also trying to play Icewinde Dale, but also with that I'm experiencing some wine bugs...

...and now with the workarounds I found on WineHQ the game is working fine, and in widescreen!

Thanks again for this great mod :)

What did you do to get it working in fullscreen mode? I have mine working flawlessly in windowed mode, and I scoured that link you provided to WineHQ, but it seems as though they don't even have a fix for it. Thanks!!

Guest Ubuntu_user

Sorry for resurrecting a dead(ish) post, but I tried running the WeiDU widescreen mod you had pointed out, and followed the instructions on the website (tolower, WeInstall). However, when attempting the "tolower" command, I was told that "baldur.ini" did not exist. On reading your forums, I realized that the linux.ini that is to be created just points out the unix directories (/home/user/.wine/drive_c/torment or whatever the directory is). So I changed the torment.ini to unix format.

Now, when I run WeInstall for the widescreen mod it runs fine until this error message shows up:

[/home/user/.winet/drive_c/pst/cd2/ar0100.cbf] decompressed bif file 6584190 bytes

ERROR: BIFF [./cache/AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./cache/ar0100.bif")

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [AR0100.WED] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

[i have the 2cd version].

what seems to be happening is that on decompressing the .cbf file, an UPPERCASE .bif file is created. Which unix systems can't read. When I run tolower in the cache directory, the program repeats the error for the next file (i.e. AR0101.bif). So what needs to happen is that the bif files must be lowercased as well, on their extraction. How does one get around this problem?

Thanks a ton.

Archived